We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

For fans of Couples!

Orlando, Florida
Destination Expert
for Jamaica
Level Contributor
4,347 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
For fans of Couples!

Is anyone else getting as frustrated as I am that the Couples message board is only being updated once a day?

And that some threads are not being posted! I started a thread the other day asking this same question and it is still not posted.......a little disappointing.

Colorado, USA
Level Contributor
466 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: For fans of Couples!

I don't have a problem with the refresh rate or moderating of their message board, but I do find amusing the gullibility of the judges of the snow picture contest. I knew there would be some fallout when the winner and runner up were both photos that had been circulating on the internet for years.

Kalamazoo, Michigan
Level Contributor
872 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: For fans of Couples!

I wouldn't mind if they message board was always updated so slowly. But when we booked our first trip in 2006, it was updated 3-4 times a day, without fail. Actually, I really don't mind much after all - it's always the same dozen questions asked in one form or another. LOL. I'm mainly interested in the meet-up threads nowadays.

There was a thread last week about the frequency of updates. It got pulled...

(And I think once a day is a generous estimate. There are many days it doesn't get updated at all. I'd guess more like 36-48 hours.)

Edited: 10 February 2011, 18:17
Orlando, Florida
Destination Expert
for Jamaica
Level Contributor
4,347 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: For fans of Couples!

I was really surprised that those were the pictures that they choose. The one was not from the US but submitted by someone who lives in New York. Can't say I have seen the snowlking one before, but who knows. Was a little disappointed in that.

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,124 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: For fans of Couples!

I wonder if they have less moderators than they used to. Couples wouldn't be the first company to have reduced the size of their work force during the last couple of years. When less people have to do the same or more amount of work, some things tend to suffer.

Orlando, Florida
Destination Expert
for Jamaica
Level Contributor
4,347 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: For fans of Couples!

You are right, to be honest not something that I thought of.

Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
1,678 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: For fans of Couples!

It is very frustrating especially when your vacation is getting close and you need a "fix." From what I undestand, Sean is doing the updating and when he is not available then Randy does it. There are many weekends that have no updates whatsoever.

Kalamazoo, Michigan
Level Contributor
872 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: For fans of Couples!

I think Randy used to do all of the moderating, with occassional help from Ivonna and Andi. When Sean hired on, I thought the MB would be updated more frequently than ever.

Level Contributor
641 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: For fans of Couples!

Randy says:

We have been updating the board three to four times a day now. Just the volume of posts keeps it feeling like it’s a slow process.

Gary

Couples - VP.

Orlando, Florida
Destination Expert
for Jamaica
Level Contributor
4,347 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: For fans of Couples!

Thanks Gary.

I guess I didn't take into count the volume, although I am glad there is a lot of traffic on the MB, it means that more and more people are falling in love with Couples.

I am down to 165 days, sad I know, but the countdown clock on my computer makes the day a little brighter.

10. Re: For fans of Couples!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 February 2012, 05:18