We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Couples Negril VS Couples Swept Away

california
4 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Couples Negril VS Couples Swept Away

Hi all,

This is going to be our first time in Jamaica and really wanting to book this week. We would like to go from July 02 to July 10 which is about 30 days from now...YIKES!!!

This will also be our first all-inclusive experience so I am very apprehensive and really want to make sure that we have a great time given how much money we are willing to put up upfront to spend it all in one resort.

So with that: I have decided that after reading reviews and doing research, we would like to try the Couples Resort but have decided that CSA best suits us. Problem: only Garden Verandah Suites are available for our dates and no other rooms available until August. I am not sure that those rooms are suitable to our liking after reading all the bad reviews about them so I am apprehensive with booking.

I am hesitant, however, to book CN because it seems that everyone loves CSA over CN given we love to stay at a place with an awesome beach, great ocean view rooms, fantastic drinks and phenomenal service.

HELP PLEASE!!!

Cocoa Beach, Florida
Destination Expert
for Cancun, Riviera Maya, Negril
Level Contributor
16,066 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Couples Negril VS Couples Swept Away

We really enjoy both resorts.

I personally would not stay in a GVS so that would decide for me.

Can you split your stay? CSA was sold out for the first night of our trip this weekend except for a GVS so we are staying elsewhere this night (cliffs) and then moving to CSA for 3 nights. You may be able to split between CN and CSA.

If you want a great room right on the beach, CSA has these and CN really does not. Even the ocean rooms are not what I consider ocean front. The panoramic maps illustrate this well.

Also, availability keeps changing so you can always check back and see if you can change. If you book CN, keep looking online and when CSA rooms in the category you want become available, just switch. No problem to do so.

Townshend, Vermont
Level Contributor
466 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Couples Negril VS Couples Swept Away

We liked CN much better than CSA. Everyone has a different opinion so why not try CN and do a trading places trip to CSA to check it out. If you are unhappy at CN Couples will move you to CSA.

Orlando, Florida
Destination Expert
for Jamaica
Level Contributor
4,392 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Couples Negril VS Couples Swept Away

Actually I think that there are just as many people who love CN as CSA, just more posters of CSA here on TA. If you go to the Couples message board you will find an even split I think.

CN does have a fabulous beach, I am not sure why people think the beach is not great at CN. The biggest difference is that CN sits on Bloody Bay which is only about a mile and half long while CSA sits on Long Bay which is about 5 miles long. BUT I think that CN's beach is deeper and there is more natural shade so when you don't want to be in the sun any longer you can always find shade down by the water, still enjoy the beach, just not bake.

Yes it is true that CN does not have the true ocean front rooms, but at the same time, and I always ask this question, how much time to you truly spend sitting in your room looking at the ocean? Isn't so much better to be on the beach looking at the ocean?

Cocoa Beach, Florida
Destination Expert
for Cancun, Riviera Maya, Negril
Level Contributor
16,066 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Couples Negril VS Couples Swept Away

"how much time to you truly spend sitting in your room looking at the ocean? "

It is not a matter of sitting in our room at all.

We spend a lot of time on our huge verandah at CSA soaking up the wonderful scenery. We like to have our morning coffee on the verandah and an afternoon cocktail. I read out there all the time on the sofa or in the hammock. And what a perfect place for a nap. This is one of the most attractive features of CSA IMO. And when we travel with friends it is easy to gather on the large verandah and enjoy the ocean breeze and view.

By contrast, we barely used our small terrace at CN. The mosquitoes were really bad last May (we did not have the same issue at CSA the previous year so not sure if it was just a bad time for mossies) and it just did not have the appeal of the terraces at CSA.

The beach at CN is gorgeous. I like the livelier beach at CSA but my husband prefers the quieter beach at CN.

Edited: 24 May 2011, 13:57
5. Re: Couples Negril VS Couples Swept Away

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 May 2012, 06:19