We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best time to travel? Looking for warm weather/minimal rain

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
574 posts
34 reviews
Save Topic
Best time to travel? Looking for warm weather/minimal rain

Hi, I am trying to plan a trip for sometime next year, but I would like some input on the best time of year to travel for both Ocho Rios & Montego Bay.

Also, I have stayed at RIU before (Cancun) and was pleased with the experience. Is Riu Ocho Rios any good or would I be better staying in Montego Bay? Any other AI you would recommend? This would be for an all girls trip if that makes any difference. The top 2 things I want to do (besides lie on the beach with a drink) is to see the luminous lagoon & Dunns river falls. Any other suggestions are appreciated as well.

Thank you ;)

Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
1,678 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best time to travel? Looking for warm weather/minimal rain

Hi Brandy;

I'm not a fan of the RIU resorts for many reasons. If you like a big busy resort with kids I guess it would do. Personally, for your group I would recommend Breezes Runaway Bay. It isnt as flashy as RIU but it is adults only and well reviewed, good beach and food. It is one of the more party type resorts in Jamaica but not over the top. You would have a good time for sure.

As far as weather goes, the best months are mid January to June 1. June 1 to Nov 1 is considered hurricane season. The rates fluctuate a lot with January and Feb the most expensive. The best prices not in hurricane season would be found in Nov and Dec.

Luminous Lagoon is close by and Dunns falls is about 45 minutes away.

Edited: 10 June 2011, 04:23
San Francisco...
Level Contributor
574 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best time to travel? Looking for warm weather/minimal rain

Thanks for your response!! I will check out Breezes. We are a very social group, but dont need the over the top up all night parties anymore, so this sounds like it might work. I will just have to work on dates cause unfortunately I dont think Jan-May will work next year ;(

3. Re: Best time to travel? Looking for warm weather/minimal rain

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 October 2012, 04:18