We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which Royal Decameron do you suggest?

Montreal (Québec)
Level Contributor
863 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Which Royal Decameron do you suggest?

I can't make up my mind between Royal Decameron Montego Beach and Royal Decameron Club Caribbean in Runaway Bay,

I will be travelling solo.

What do you think?

Canada
Level Contributor
101 posts
236 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which Royal Decameron do you suggest?

On my last trip to RDMB, there were several people that had been bumped from RDCC to Montego Bay. They said that RDCC was quite run down and they much preferred the vibe of RDMB. There seems to be a fairly strong following among both hotels here on TA.

In Montego Bay, you are within easy walking distance of restaurants, shopping, night life, and great snorkelling.

suz
Derby, Connecticut
Destination Expert
for Ocho Rios
Level Contributor
4,683 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which Royal Decameron do you suggest?

I would suggest RDMB if you are solo - both are nice, but RDCC is a bit more remote, and I found people tended to keep more to themselves - at RDMB, people seemed more social and interactive - I also thought the food was better.

Montreal (Québec)
Level Contributor
863 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Which Royal Decameron do you suggest?

Any other comments?

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
278 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Which Royal Decameron do you suggest?

We went as a couple to RDCC in May, and we had a blast!!! We met 2 couples there, who left later then us and spent their last 3 nights at RDMB and HATED it. But that being said, I didnt see any solo travellers at RDCC. People are very friendly there and you should have no problem meeting people, but RDCC is very remote and there isnt alot to do outside of the resort.

pennsylvania
Level Contributor
26 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Which Royal Decameron do you suggest?

Also will be traveling solo to RDCC @ the end of july. Have never been before but looking forward to it. I liked the idea of the bit more quiet Runaway Bay location to MB

6. Re: Which Royal Decameron do you suggest?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 October 2012, 22:17