We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

cruise & stay

Destination Expert
for Belek
Level Contributor
509 posts
Save Topic
cruise & stay

Hi, I'm considering booking a cruise & stay for my daughter & her friend.

They will both have just turned 21 and im looking at something different for them to celebrate their 21st's.

It will probably be between Nov 2011 & April 2012.

The ones ive seen up to now are either stay in florida or jamica.

Do you think cruising would suit 2 young friends, if so what cruise line or ship should I be looking at.

If cruisings not suitable im back to the drawing board.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
1,217 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: cruise & stay

We have done about a dozen cruises on 3 different lines and prefer cruising over ALL other vacations.

Carnival - a FUN line with a lot of young families and kids. The beds are extremely comfortable and the food the best of the 3 lines IMO.

Princess- beautifully designed ships, understated elegance but more laid back. Once you have had it with Carnival fun (same parent company) , it time to recover on Princess:-)

ROYAL CARIBBEAN - Combines some of the elegance of Princess with the FUN factor of Carnival. Many of the newer ships cater to active families with older kids, with rock wall, flow rider, and ice skating rink. Royal Caribbean recruits in Jamaica so you will enjoy the island vibe as well. The staff seems to be friendlier primarily because they are coming from a tourist driven country and having English as a first language.

Edited: 03 July 2011, 18:48
United States
Level Contributor
12,478 posts
126 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: cruise & stay

I love to cruise and do it as often as I can. For a 21 year old it is a good way to see a lot of places with ease. Of the lines you list, for a 21 year old I would go with Carnival first, then Royal Caribbean and Princess last. All are good lines but Carnival is the most fun of the three.

In Jamaica they will want to stay in or near either Ocho Rios or Montego Bay (depending on the cruise line) and at a large all inclusive resort. This will put them near the boat dock and give them plenty to see and do all for a fixed price.

Ocho Rios, Saint...
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: cruise & stay

i live in jamaica and i want to take my family on a cruise but want to board the ship in jamaica.... can i do that?

4. Re: cruise & stay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 June 2013, 10:19