We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Breezes Grand in Negril or Temptation in Cancun

Columbus, Ohio
3 posts
Save Topic
Breezes Grand in Negril or Temptation in Cancun

We are trying to decide between Breezes Grand in Negril or Temptation in Cancun. Our criteria in order from most important is #1 a fun resort, we want a place that is fun day and night. #2 nice pool. #3 nice resort, rooms, food, staff. #4 nice local area, local bars, restaurants, people and etc. I like to be in the sun topless. Does anybody know what the topless/clothing optional atmosphere is at either place? Is the town around the resort safe?

Illinois
Level Contributor
5,189 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Breezes Grand in Negril or Temptation in Cancun

Where did you read that Breezes Grand Negril was a nonstop fun resort ?? You need to change your search a little, maybe Breezes Runaway Bay or Hedo 2, verse Temptation resort in Cancun.

Columbus, Ohio
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Breezes Grand in Negril or Temptation in Cancun

A friend suggested them. That’s why I asked you experts J I’ve been to MoBay in Jamaica and was told Negril was much more fun especially Hedo & Breezes. I’ve been to Cancun but never heard of Temptaion other than reading about it. Just not sure I would like Hedo's nude all the time. I like nude some of the time lol

montreal
Level Contributor
11,515 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Breezes Grand in Negril or Temptation in Cancun

Hi SunE.

I've been to Breezes Grand Negril at least a half dozen times, it has always been lots of fun both day and night. Of course that's not to say that it's a 'crazy, party' type atmosphere but there's always lots of fun people having lots of fun whenever I've been there. In fact I would have to agree with your friend in that after Hedo II, BGN is likely the next most fun atmosphere of any of the larger adult only a/i's in Negril.

They're the ONLY resort that offers a completely seperate and private clothing OPTIONAL beach.

The pools aren't spectacular, but the beach more than makes up for them, the resort is beautiful as are the rooms. The dining and service is phenominal. Lots of great local hangouts within a long walk or short cab ride.

Negril is definately more fun than Mobay imho. I've not been to Temptation, I am not a fan of Cancun in general.

Blessings and respect.

Steve

Edited: 01 August 2011, 22:52
Illinois
Level Contributor
5,189 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Breezes Grand in Negril or Temptation in Cancun

Read thru the reviews on this website, most mention the lack of nightlife at Breezes Grand Negril. Also criteria number 2 is nice pool. Again, not at BGN, has 2 very small bars and no swim up bar ( a place you will find that party atmosphere during the day). You would have to leave the resort for nighttime entertainment.

Again, read the reviews, and also look in to Breezes Runaway Bay and Hedo2 ( which is not nude all the time).

Also , not sure of your age, but I can easily say the average age at this resort is in the low 50's. I am 45, and I was one of the youngest people during our stay ( which for me was good, made me feel young).

Cocoa Beach, Florida
Destination Expert
for Cancun, Riviera Maya, Negril
Level Contributor
16,067 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Breezes Grand in Negril or Temptation in Cancun

Breezes and Temptations are apples and oranges.

BGN is on a great beach and is not a party resort, IMO and IME. While there are things happening (activities and entertainment) it is not a party resort compared to Temptations.

BGN was very quiet when we were there last year but the nightlife of Negril is close by and can be as wild as you choose.

Hedo is more along the lines of Temptation Resort in Cancun.

6. Re: Breezes Grand in Negril or Temptation in Cancun

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 02 August 2011, 17:09
7. Re: Breezes Grand in Negril or Temptation in Cancun

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Illinois
Level Contributor
5,189 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Breezes Grand in Negril or Temptation in Cancun

Also, do you say the nightly entertainment was so good because you were playing in the band? Several people have come on here commenting about you playing a guitar, I believe, with the band while at Breezes.

I guess if I joined the nightly entertainment, I would also rave about how good it was !

( you would not want me playing any instrument or singing with the nightly entertainment, people would be asking for refunds ...lol)

Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
1,678 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Breezes Grand in Negril or Temptation in Cancun

Mama, you appear to be right on with the age group. I went through the last 50 reviews and checked the ages of the guests. Now, not everyone fills in the answer on their review but here is the breakdown of those that did:

25-34 = 2

35-49 = 9

50-64 = 12

10. Re: Breezes Grand in Negril or Temptation in Cancun