We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Looking for a Romantic & All Inclusive Resort for Honeymoon

Wausau, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
25 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Looking for a Romantic & All Inclusive Resort for Honeymoon

We have never traveled outside the country, and would really appreciate specific resort recommendations.

Our honeymoon will be in February, so I realize this is peak season.

My first choice was Secrets Sanctuary in Cap Cana, but I see the prices are now over $6,000 for 5 days/nights. Would really like to keep it under $5,000.

We would also prefer and adults only resort.

Thanks in advance for your help

montreal
Level Contributor
11,515 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Looking for a Romantic & All Inclusive Resort for Honeymoon

Hello,

Take a close look at the following :

Breezes Grand Negril

The Jewel Dunns River

Couples Sans Souci

Blessings and respect to you.

Steve

Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
1,678 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Looking for a Romantic & All Inclusive Resort for Honeymoon

How do you plan to spend your honeymoon? Are you beach people, excursion people, pool people? How important is marble and granite in the lobby and rooms? Do you want a true island feel or imported Spanish splendour that could be anywhere in the world? How important is food? Would you rather stay longer if the price is right? Do you want a sprawling 1000 room hotel or a more intimate place?

The answers will help us help you.

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
73 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Looking for a Romantic & All Inclusive Resort for Honeymoon

Looking for our honeymoon too in January, but leaning towards Iberostar Grand or Secrets Maroma beach in mexico. Very tough to decide so far.

Illinois
Level Contributor
5,153 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Looking for a Romantic & All Inclusive Resort for Honeymoon

Couples Sans Souici !

Cocoa Beach, Florida
Destination Expert
for Cancun, Riviera Maya, Negril
Level Contributor
16,066 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Looking for a Romantic & All Inclusive Resort for Honeymoon

As much as I think San Souci is romantic and lovely, we would really miss long walks on the beach.

Check out Couples Negril if you do not need modern luxury.

Orlando, Florida
Destination Expert
for Jamaica
Level Contributor
4,416 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Looking for a Romantic & All Inclusive Resort for Honeymoon

For romance - Couples San Souci, hands down.

For the beach, Couples Negril.

Wausau, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
25 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Looking for a Romantic & All Inclusive Resort for Honeymoon

Well, we have never gone on a vacation, so I'm not quite sure how to answer as far as us beach or excursion people. I think we would enjoy either, and definitely plan on spending time on the beach and near the pool and would like to do 2 excursions or so. We aren't too picky as far as that goes, as we are both just excited to get away in general.

I certainly appreciate a nice room, and would like to feel as if I'm staying somewhere luxurious, whether it be an island feel or an imported one. Like I said, I really liked the look of Secrets Cap Cana, if that helps at all. Dining will more than likely be something we very much look forward to, it doesn't have to be gourmet, but enjoyable at the least. I would love to stay longer if the price was right, however, with what I'm envisioning, I don't know what there is in my price range. I'm looking through a lot of forums and trying to research all of this the best I can, but not having all the luck I was hoping for. Thanks for asking, I couldn't be more of a newbie at this. :)

How do you plan to spend your honeymoon? Are you beach people, excursion people, pool people? How important is marble and granite in the lobby and rooms? Do you want a true island feel or imported Spanish splendour that could be anywhere in the world? How important is food? Would you rather stay longer if the price is right? Do you want a sprawling 1000 room hotel or a more intimate place?

The answers will help us help you.

Noblesville, Indiana
Level Contributor
1,014 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Looking for a Romantic & All Inclusive Resort for Honeymoon

The Jewel Dunns River....

Kingston, Canada
Level Contributor
19,497 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Looking for a Romantic & All Inclusive Resort for Honeymoon

And now for something completely different

www.negrilonestop.com/sunsetatthepalms.shtml

Edited: 16 August 2011, 23:13
Noblesville, Indiana
Level Contributor
1,014 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Looking for a Romantic & All Inclusive Resort for Honeymoon

Abit of Monty?...Blues....I came here for a Arguement....O' sorry this is abuse.....An arguement is two doors down....(Good Post)...

Edited: 17 August 2011, 00:04