We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need some guidance

College Station...
Level Contributor
9 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Need some guidance

My husband and I are planning a first time trip in Novmber to Jamaica.

Please give me suggestions on where to stay -

should we go with all inclusive -

is it best to book flight and hotel together -

what site has the best deals -

I would appreciate some guidance.

Thanks!

Dallas, Texas...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
20,836 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Need some guidance

There is a huge variety of options in Jamaica and this caters to a huge variety of preferences. Without knowing you and your preferences, it's hard to know where to begin.

What is your budget? What do you like to do? Do you like quiet? A party atmosphere? Water sports? Scuba? A big beach? Do you want it social, or more one-on-one romantic? Are there any particular excursions you are eager to do? Do you want to be with only couples, mixture of adult and coupled singles, or are families with kids ok?

You don't have to answer every single question. The list is just to get you thinking "Hmmmm... what do we want?"

College Station...
Level Contributor
9 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Need some guidance

We are looking for a few days to relax at a 4-5 star quality resort. Prefer adults only. Good food, pool, close proximity to the beach. Not interested in daily excursions but would enjoy nightly entertainment.

suz
Derby, Connecticut
Destination Expert
for Ocho Rios
Level Contributor
4,663 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Need some guidance

Based on others recommendations, I would look at the Couples in Negril

College Station...
Level Contributor
9 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Need some guidance

Couples Negril does look like a good choice for us. Where can I get the best deals for booking? And do you get the best deal purchasing airfare separately?

Thanks for your feedback!

Kingman, Arizona
Level Contributor
691 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Need some guidance

If you are interested in couples and have some time before you have to book, go to the couples site and sign up for there Wednesday specials. Almost every Wednesday they send out a special that is good for 24 hours.

College Station...
Level Contributor
9 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Need some guidance

Thanks! I will do that.

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
300 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Need some guidance

I just got back from a trip to Secrets St. James (adults-only, all inclusive) in Montego Bay. It was a solid 4-1/2 star resort and we thoroughly enjoyed our stay. I liked that it was in MoBay, 15 minutes from the airport. We ended up taking an excursion to Negril and honestly, the beach at SSJ was just as pretty as the 7-mile beach in Negril!

The food was pretty good - nothing spectacular. There were a couple of pools to choose from and the beach/water was spectacular.

We booked with Travelocity... we got a really good deal!

Edited: 22 August 2011, 22:05
College Station...
Level Contributor
9 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Need some guidance

Thanks jenny433 for your feedback on Secrets and where you booked. I will take a look at what they have to offer for November.

9. Re: Need some guidance

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 October 2012, 11:19