We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Couples beach dinners...

Rineyville, Kentucky
Level Contributor
300 posts
65 reviews
Save Topic
Couples beach dinners...

We are getting married at CSA and have considered the beach dinner. While I'm sure it's nice, I think we could make $150 go pretty far and have a nice dinner on The Cliffs instead one night. Ivan's or Rockhouse maybe. They say the sunset on the Cliffs is awesome; any thoughts?

jamaica
Level Contributor
456 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Couples beach dinners...

LTU, Rockhouse, 3 Dives and Xtabi are all good places for dinner.

Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
1,678 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Couples beach dinners...

In all honesty, the food at Couples is amazing! We have considered going off property to try something different but we have yet to have a bad meal at Couples. 42 dinners at Couples and counting........

Illinois
Level Contributor
5,181 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Couples beach dinners...

I have had meals off property when I have stayed at other resorts , but not while staying at CSA, the food is really good. However, I do recommend going to the cliffs at sunset, because the cost of a meal is worth the view and the atmosphere ( and remember, you can return later to CSA and eat dessert and have after dinner drinks). We have enjoyed Rockhouse and Pushcart.

While the meals on the cliffs have been enjoyable, they are not a once in a lifetime experience. Having a meal on the beach is a MUCH more memorable experience. You are not only paying for the more special food, the upgraded private label wine, a private server, but also the " total experience" . It is something that is very special. Most people say it is something they will remember the rest of their lives. I am waiting to do our private beach dinner for our 25th anniversary.

Also another option is the private meal in the wedding gazebo. Our friends did it last trip over Christmas, and they said the area was all decorated with Christmas lights, and it was one of the most romantic experiences in their marriage.

If you want to know the food options for your trip, you can send a message to the Romance Concierge listed on the Couples website, and they will e-mail you the menu choices.

Rineyville, Kentucky
Level Contributor
300 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Couples beach dinners...

bump...

Vancouver Island...
Level Contributor
125 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Couples beach dinners...

I too was married at CSA, and decided to have dinner on the cliffs. Prior to my arrival in Negril I emailed the Rockhouse and reserved a private table free of charge which I think was called the 'rocktable'. They also gave me the option of a private gazebo for a fee. I was not at all dissapointed with my decision, it was a beautiful setting. However, this was back in December of 2008, so I am not sure if it's still relevant, but maybe worth looking into. Since then and I have also stayed at CFS, and Ivan's is outstanding, not as chic or private as the Rockhouse, but magical in an unassuming way.

Level Contributor
477 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Couples beach dinners...

forgo the beach dinner at CSA.. been there twice,, $150 dollars can be spent on so many other things! how romantic can it be when you still have nighttime drug pushers along the beachline going back and forth? had the free couples massage for our wedding, and that extra money saved can go for another massage or dinner on the cliffs etc.

Illinois
Level Contributor
5,181 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Couples beach dinners...

irietimes, lol.. drug pushers are gone by the time beach dinners are taking place.

Level Contributor
477 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Couples beach dinners...

we were on our honeymoon, my husband grabbed a smoke on the beach (it was dark outside, dinner was taking place) i went to use the bathroom they have on the beach/pathway. one of the male security guards was lurking beside my stall! when i heard the guard's radio go off. it was about my husband, a drug pusher tried to give him a doobey, the guy buried it in the sand and my husband told them there was "no" problem. after the guards left, my husband pulled out a big one! i said give it back right away! sure enough the druggie was lurking around a tree! my husband tossed it over to him and said no thanks! there most certainly are the beach drug dealers on property after dark while dinners are going on! we werent scared by him, i just dont think it would be romantic..

Illinois
Level Contributor
5,181 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Couples beach dinners...

Talked to numerous people who have done the beach dinners, and I have never once heard of being bothered by drug dealers. I am not saying they can not be found at night, but they do stay away from the beach dinners, security will be sure of that ! Also, you will not find drug dealers at any time near the trees, they hang out at the beach line.

Level Contributor
477 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Couples beach dinners...

i assure you, this guy came out from a tree.. i was there, cant remmeber if it was a tree by the beachline or not,, it was 2007 and my memory isn't so good