We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

All-Inclusive Honeymoon Spot for Mid-twenties Couple

Attleboro...
Level Contributor
141 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
All-Inclusive Honeymoon Spot for Mid-twenties Couple

Have read a ton of reviews, gone through a million brochures, catalogs, and web-sites. I know we'll get alot of varied responses but for a mid-twenties couple on honeymoon - middle of the road $, where are the other young couples? Have heard rave reviews for example about Couples Negril but advised that could be "quieter" and more "mellow" at night. Couples vs. Rose Hall?

Help!

montreal
Level Contributor
11,515 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: All-Inclusive Honeymoon Spot for Mid-twenties Couple

Hilton Rose Hall is a 'family/golf' resort.... not necessarily what you're looking for on your honeymoon...

CN is definately quieter and more mellow at night than most a/i's. I was just there a couple weeks ago. It's also on the higher end of the pricing scale.

I think the best option for you would be Breezes Runaway Bay. It is typically very reasonably priced, fabulous beach, lots of fun activities both day and night... imo it is the perfect combination of 'romance' and 'fun'.

Blessings and respect.

Steve

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
10,736 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: All-Inclusive Honeymoon Spot for Mid-twenties Couple

Which rose hall? it's a name of a town/area, there's the hilton, the Iberostar and a few other properties in the area...

most hotels on the island have a night life that is basically what you make it, and none are known "hot spots" (outside *maybe* hedo, if that's up your alley).. however if you choose a property that is in good proximity to bars/nightlife, you can easily get off property for some great nightlife...

if you're interested in the couples brand, couples swept away has some semblance of a night club and is directly on 7mile beach making it easy to get off property and enjoy the live music /dancing and the few clubs Negril has to offer... that would be my suggestion :)

as for rose hall properties... Iberostar would probably best meet your needs,the Grand is adult only, not known for nightlife, but with the three properties sharing one "club" it might have it's moments of okay-ness :)

you don't have the same proximity to nightlife if you are interested in getting off property there.

Hope that helps some

Enjoy

Chelle

Edited: 28 October 2011, 15:08
Orlando, Florida
Destination Expert
for Jamaica
Level Contributor
4,347 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: All-Inclusive Honeymoon Spot for Mid-twenties Couple

Of the two resorts you are looking I can not speak for Rose Hall other then to say that it is a family resort.

Couples Negril is a wonderful resort. The beach, the food, the staff are all amazing. The swim pool bar is wonderful and there is always something to do there.

I do find the comments regarding CN being more mellow at night then most a/i's a little interesting. There is nightly entertainment and there is always something going on in the piano bar at night, which by the way is open until the last guest crawls out.

It is a very romantic resort and I know that you will meet alot of couples your age. You will have a blast.

4. Re: All-Inclusive Honeymoon Spot for Mid-twenties Couple

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 October 2012, 04:18