We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Questions of Resorts and All Inclusives

Thunder Bay, Canada
Level Contributor
2,282 posts
199 reviews
Save Topic
Questions of Resorts and All Inclusives

I have questions about Resort trips in Caribbean. as i never been to a resort type of trip before. I done one cruise once.

for most of the all inclusive types as most people eat and drink at the resort all the time.

I see that people dress up for dinner, is this mandatory.

as an individual traveller, i prefer casual, dinners, more less all buffet

at resorts are all dinner time, always "dress up? time as in getting something fancy on just to eat dinner, or would there be somewhere causal to eat at , such as buffet option too or pizza parlour etc?

as the dress up dinner thing is more more suited for couples etc.

thanks as i am a beginner in resorts

Cocoa Beach, Florida
Destination Expert
for Cancun, Riviera Maya, Negril
Level Contributor
16,067 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Questions of Resorts and All Inclusives

There is a wide range of resorts with different styles. From your description, you might look at Grand Pineapple which is casual, buffets for all meals and on a great beach.

United States
Level Contributor
11,480 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Questions of Resorts and All Inclusives

Every resort has its own dining style. Most all inclusives have two or more places to eat for dinner. A buffet is always one of the choices. Other choices range from French where the waiters wear white gloves to casual beach front cafes to a pizza parlor. The 'dress code' is also variable between resorts. In some all inclusive resort dining rooms men are required to wear a coat and tie while at least one resort suggests ladies will be fine if they dine in booty shorts and pasties. Most Jamaican all inclusives are more in the middle and what most people call 'casual' will be fine.

Maryland
Level Contributor
988 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Questions of Resorts and All Inclusives

You will be okay in just about every resort if you have a pair of long pants, a collared shirt and closed shoes such as topsiders, not atheletic shoes. That ia about as formal as it gets. Some rare restaurants require a jacket, but often have spares.

4. Re: Questions of Resorts and All Inclusives

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 February 2013, 10:19