We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Diet coke

Level Contributor
27 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Diet coke

Is diet coke avail? Hubby cant live without it! Couples secret rondevous .,,

Lansdowne...
Level Contributor
1,857 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Diet coke

it is available in Jamaica but it's not the same formulation sold in America; I don't know where it's manufactured, but it does not taste like the Diet Coke we are used to - it is terrible... like flavorless chemical-ish seltzer water - I gave up altogether and went to water and juice!

Edited: 22 February 2012, 04:50
Lansdowne...
Level Contributor
1,857 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Diet coke

oh - and there's always Ting - Jamaican soda, grapefruit i think - absolutely delicious!!!!!

Chelem, Mexico
Level Contributor
903 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Diet coke

We stayed at Couples San Souci recently, there was diet Pepsi on request for the in room fridge and all the bars, did not see diet coke. I was surprised that I got Sprite on request a couple of times in our room, they switched it to 7-up eventually. All you can do is ask, you will probably get it, they aim to please.

suz
Derby, Connecticut
Destination Expert
for Ocho Rios
Level Contributor
4,683 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Diet coke

It is more common to find Pepsi Products than coke - and it won't usually be called Diet Coke, it's Coke Light - Definitely try Ting, or Champagne Cola

Apache Junction...
Destination Expert
for Montego Bay
Level Contributor
10,640 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Diet coke

Coke Light. And I think it's still made with sugar. It definitely tastes different than what you are used to.

Rehoboth Beach...
Level Contributor
4,626 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Diet coke

Couples Resorts serve DIET PEPSI!!! WAHOOOOOOOOOOOO

You can purchase Diet Coke....aka Dish water...heheheheheh LOLOLOLOL..... throughout Jamaica.........very very sorry.....I was in the beverage industry for years....it is a rather secular arena.

Orlando, Florida
Destination Expert
for Jamaica
Level Contributor
4,437 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Diet coke

Couples has Diet Pepsi, it is ok and will do in a pinch. I was a HUGE Diet Coke drinker and after a few days in Jamaica or anywhere in the Caribbean I would be jonzing for a Diet Coke, only it is Coke Light and as Anod mentioned it is made with sugar and much sweeter then Diet Coke.

My suggestion, drink Ting - it is great and deal with Diet Pepsi. He is not going to find Diet Coke as he knows it in Jamaica.

Apache Junction...
Destination Expert
for Montego Bay
Level Contributor
10,640 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Diet coke

If he really needs to have Americanized Diet Coke, take some with you.

Brampton
Level Contributor
638 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Diet coke

It's a good time for him to dry out.

The diet stuff will kill you.

Level Contributor
27 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Diet coke

He cant have sugar. Is the Diet Pepsi made with real sugar?