We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Can you recommend a resort you've enjoyed in Jamaica?

Toronto, Canada
4 posts
Save Topic
Can you recommend a resort you've enjoyed in Jamaica?

My hubby and I are interested in booking an all-inclusive vacation at either a Montego Bay or Ocho Rios resort. Although we travel a lot for work, we've never been to Jamaica, nor do we have much experience with all-inclusives. Our budget is $1500-$1700 pp, and of course, like everyone else, we'd like to find the best value in this price range. Our choice of one resort over the next would be based on: 1. the quality of the food, and 2. the comfort of the beds! Does anyone have any recommendations for a resort they've been to that was great? Thanks ahead of time!

Noblesville, Indiana
Level Contributor
1,004 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Can you recommend a resort you've enjoyed in Jamaica?

The Jewel Dunns River...Great exp.!

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
10,736 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Can you recommend a resort you've enjoyed in Jamaica?

Couples Tower Isle was an awesome experience for us....the food was probably one of the key attractions for me... loved it :) had no issues with the bed and wanted to steal the pillows

not sure when you are looking to travel, but they do have a good special on for late summer/early fall right now... would likely put it well within your budget, even if that includes air

Chelle

Edited: 23 February 2012, 16:25
United States
Level Contributor
10,837 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Can you recommend a resort you've enjoyed in Jamaica?

In Montego Bay try the Iberostar Grand.

Toronto, Canada
4 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Can you recommend a resort you've enjoyed in Jamaica?

We'd prefer an adults-only resort... so we're looking at Iberostar Grand Rose Hall vs. Secrets St. James -- any comments on these two places?

Illinois
Level Contributor
5,111 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Can you recommend a resort you've enjoyed in Jamaica?

I would personally look at a couples only resort rather then Adults only. The best food I have had at ANY AI resort, in Mexico or Jamaica was at Couples Tower Isle. Beds very comfortable.

The resort should easily fit in your price range, and has the most inclusions of the other resorts listed ( free snorkeling, scuba, Dunn's River Falls trip, wi fi , and stocked mini bar in every room).

Glen Mills, PA
Destination Expert
for Montego Bay
Level Contributor
5,494 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Can you recommend a resort you've enjoyed in Jamaica?

The Grand is better than Secrets per a number of TA members who have been to both. We loved the Grand.

Toronto, Canada
4 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Can you recommend a resort you've enjoyed in Jamaica?

Yes, I've heard this about Couples Tower Isle, that the food was good.

For those who stayed at the Grand - how did you like the food?

San Diego...
Level Contributor
1,153 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Can you recommend a resort you've enjoyed in Jamaica?

I've been to both the Grand and Secrets in Jamaica and thoroughly enjoyed both, so you can't go wrong no matter which one of the two you pick. The food was better at the Grand, but I preferred the beach at Secrets (even though it is man made). Another plus for Secrets is the fact that there are no wrist bands. The Grand shares the beach with two other Iberostar properties, so the wrist bands show the staff as to which hotel you are stayng at*. Both had excellent service, but if I was to pick a winner in that category, the Grand would win out by a nose.

Having said that, I'm going back to Secrets rather than the Grand in November for one simple reason. Dinner reservations are not required at Secrets, except for the Japanese restaurant (and only if you want to sit at a teppanyakil table) whereas reservations are required for all the ala cartes at the Grand. I'm on vacation and do not want to be tied down to eating at a certain restaurant on a certain night at a certain time. I like being on island time and would prefer to eat where and when I feel like it at that particular time, rather than having to plan it days ahead.

*as a guest at the Grand, your wristband allows you to visit the two other hotels on the property and use their amenities and restaurants, but guests at the other two properties may not use the Grand

massachusetts
Level Contributor
513 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Can you recommend a resort you've enjoyed in Jamaica?

We've stayed when it was the Sandals Dunns River resort .wich has since changed mngt, and name to Jewel Dunns River. The two times we were there were incredible... a nice beach front with real surf .. {something Jamaica is not famous for.} great room accomodations, excellent food ,great jerk, also close to many area attractions [nine mile, Bob Marley's birth town and home} as well as nearby golf. We're also big fan's of Sandals Royal Caribbean. and we like Sandals Mo bay as well. all in all we have been loyal to Sandals and they have never let us down. every trip we've been on to Jamaica has been really great. The people, there culture,intelligence, openess, hospitality etc. has never failed. so go to any resort and enjoy Jamaica...

Toronto, Canada
4 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Can you recommend a resort you've enjoyed in Jamaica?

I really appreciate the comments, so helpful. I'm now looking at Couples Tower Isle, I read great reviews about this place.