We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Negril Restaurants

ny
Level Contributor
126 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Negril Restaurants

1. Best authentic jamaican restaurant?

2. Best overall restaurant?

Kingston, Canada
Level Contributor
19,501 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Negril Restaurants

Best is subjective and everyone will have their own concept of what they define as 'best'. Best could mean food, service, vibe, price, view and/or any combination of all five. Many of the better overall are also the most expensive but the food will be a fusion and not truly authentic. The most authentic are places where many newbie tourists rarely venture and are often little hole in the wall shacks off the beaten path. But the thing is, it's pretty rare that you will have a bad meal anywhere, and every place is worth a try at least once.

There is one place that I am really looking forward to going to on my next reach and that is Felix's Serious Chicken on the west end road. He recently opened up again in a new location. Great chef and a very cool guy to get to know.

Edited: 07 April 2012, 03:44
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
34 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Negril Restaurants

Norma's on the beach is always a stop when I am in Negril.They have a smoked marlin carpaccio that is a winner.The price points may be high but if you want to reward yourselfs with that one special meal I would choose Norma's.

Iowa
Level Contributor
1,784 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Negril Restaurants

We loved breakfast at Juicy J's but there are many great places for JA food. For Me J's has the Best Ackee and saltfish in Negril. There might be better but this was good. ALso above the HILo is a nice place that has great lunch as well. Maries finger lickin restaurant, upstairs in the sun shine village. they deliver too 452-9707 7am to 7pm

Virginia
Level Contributor
917 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Negril Restaurants

Best overall for me is Rockhouse at sunset.

Good food and music... Alfred's and 3 Dives have always been good.

roxbury, ma
Level Contributor
8,903 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Negril Restaurants

also Sweet Spcie, Moms, Coconuts and LTU. Can;t remember the name but there is a guy on the beach with a fire pit kitchen and he cooks everything you can imagine. I met a couple who had dinner there 5 nights in a row. He's on the beach down from Coconuts.

PEACE!

6. Re: Negril Restaurants

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2013, 13:17