We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

sandals booking question

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
9 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
sandals booking question

Hi all! My husband and I are booked for Whitehouse Sept 30th-Oct 7th. We booked in July 2011, the price dropped 3 times and we ended up getting a great deal.

Now, my inlaws want to join us. I checked pricing, all the rooms jumped $1000 or more. I want to assume the time of year has something to do with it. Do the prices traditionally drop again?

Ontario Canada
Destination Expert
for White House
Level Contributor
8,696 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: sandals booking question

It's very possible the prices will fluctuate again before your final payment is due (but no guarantee). For our February 2012 trip which I booked in May 2011, the price decreased in June, Sept and Nov. I took advantage of the lower price the first time, chose to upgrade the room the second time and then took a lower price adjustment the third time!

If you've never been, it's a great resort!

Milford...
Level Contributor
4,320 posts
652 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: sandals booking question

Agree with TP55 above, prices could fluctuate but as time gets closer we have only seen prices go up as the availability drops.

I would suggest that they put the $400 deposit and check prices frequently. We usually get the best pricing booking as far out as possible. We booked Beaches Turks for this fall back in June 2010 and the pricing is now $1100 more.

Powhatan, VA
Level Contributor
418 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: sandals booking question

Ditto...you have to constantly check the price to see where it is. I would put down the deposit and if they change their mind and don't want to go, cancel prior to 45 days before travel and they will get their deposit back in full.

Booked in Jan. '12 for Jan. '13 while on property and haven't seen the price do anything except go up. Can't lose w/deposit down holding the price at one spot. Lucky people who've already posted had drops, I have never had it drop in price. I think booking on property is already the best price you get plus incentives like more resort credit or spa credit.

Good Luck to them and enjoy your trip!

Rochester, New York
Level Contributor
2,429 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: sandals booking question

Time of year wrt to the calendar does have a general influence on hotel pricing schemes. But on a micro level, hotels routinely use price as a means to manage capacity. Especially if the hotel has numerous properties within close geographic proximity. So don't be surprised when prices fluctuate. Everybody does it to some degree or another. Airlines too...so I agree with the other posters. Book the room, dates of travel, etc. you want to then be vigilent because it can pay off!

Edited: 11 April 2012, 17:20
Milford...
Level Contributor
4,320 posts
652 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: sandals booking question

dmenger, we have had a few prices drops but not that many........definitely cancel before you get to the 45 day window if they opt to not go.

Edited: 11 April 2012, 17:27
6. Re: sandals booking question

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2013, 11:42