We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Negril, Ocho Rios or Montego Bay for young couple honeymoon?

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
23 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Negril, Ocho Rios or Montego Bay for young couple honeymoon?

We want a nice all inclusive resort where we can have our romance, but still have fun and get a feel of the Jamaican culture/vibe. Leaning towards a non-adult only (afraid it will be too boring). Any suggestions??? We are leaving soon and need to get it booked soon!

Wakefield, United...
Level Contributor
18 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Negril, Ocho Rios or Montego Bay for young couple honeymoon?

Try the RIU in Montego bay, fantastic place.

Richmond, Virginia
Level Contributor
357 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Negril, Ocho Rios or Montego Bay for young couple honeymoon?

If you are looking for romance, I would definitely consider looking at adult only all inclusives... perhaps you have a different perspective, but anytime I've gone on vacations to the beach, or otherwise, I do not find the presence of children to be helpful when it comes to romance or relaxing... Don't get me wrong- I love children, but my husband and I realized the value of adult only on our vacation last year.

We traveled to Sandals Negril, and we had a blast. It was anything but boring. We are in our early 30's, do not have children, and definitely like to have a good time. We met plenty of couples our age, and saw a lot of couples who were more in the early to mid 20s range... The resort was great b/c there were nights when we were exhausted by 10pm from all of our daily activities and just found a quiet pool spot to wind the night down together, but other nights where we wanted to dance and stay up partying with the other guests... both were available.

We also spent a day in the city with a driver and got a great feel of the culture. The 1.5 hour drive to Negril from the airport will also give you a feel of Jamaica for sure.

We are returning to Jamaica in 5 weeks, but to Whitehouse this time. I'm counting the days. Wherever you go, I am sure you will be wanting to return for your anniversary!

3. Re: Negril, Ocho Rios or Montego Bay for young couple honeymoon?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 June 2013, 08:42