We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Are there any A1 hotels in JA were i can come & go with ease

London, United...
Level Contributor
212 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Are there any A1 hotels in JA were i can come & go with ease

I am looking to possible go to Jamaica next year but I would like to be able to leave the resort and wonder into the town center with relative ease. Is Jamaica Grande the only hotel on the island were you are pretty much in the center of things at the door step? I do get restless sometimes. The only reason I am going A! is for the beach and the fact that it works out cheaper for us.

Many Thanks

United States
Level Contributor
10,843 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Are there any A1 hotels in JA were i can come & go with ease

If your only requirements in a resort hotel are: all inclusive and 'in the center of things at the door step' then your choices are in fact limited. In addition to the Jamaica Grande you might also look at the Royal Decameron in Montego Bay. It is located directly on the famous 'hip strip' in the downtown area and it is a place with lots to do.

Illinois
Level Contributor
5,109 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Are there any A1 hotels in JA were i can come & go with ease

I am not sure what type of vacation you are looking at, but in Negril, Couples Swept Away ( couples only) and Beaches Negril ( mainly family resort) are in wonderful locations in Negril and are nice for walking along the beach to the " hub" of the action. Also in Negril, I believe Merrils does an AI plan, and has a very nice location to be close to everything.

3. Re: Are there any A1 hotels in JA were i can come & go with ease

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 October 2013, 10:18