We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best All-Inclusive for Pampering?

Beaufort, South...
Level Contributor
23 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Best All-Inclusive for Pampering?

My husband and I are looking for a short, 3-4 day getaway. We want something that's all-inclusive for the ease of not having to leave the resort. We really just want something where we can relax and be pampered. What's the best resort for this?

Illinois
Level Contributor
5,192 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best All-Inclusive for Pampering?

I would do a Butler room at Sandals Royal Caribbean or Sandals Montego Bay. Both are close to the airport, which would be best because you do not want to waste time on travel.

2 other resorts that I have never visited ( I have been to both of the Sandals listed), that I would do some serious research on are Round Hill and Half Moon. Both of those resorts sound FABULOUS to me.

Imo, I would stick with a resort in Montego Bay.

Beaufort, South...
Level Contributor
23 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best All-Inclusive for Pampering?

Thanks for the input. We are really hoping for one with a great spa. Did you visit the spa at either Sandals location?

Illinois
Level Contributor
5,192 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best All-Inclusive for Pampering?

Sorry, I am not a spa person. I am sure someone will be on here later to help you better .

Norwalk, Connecticut
Level Contributor
1,230 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best All-Inclusive for Pampering?

I would not discount Sandals Whitehouse..they do have the Highest returning guest at this location...and it is so worth the 1.5 hrs from the airport...thats why thousands do it ..we are headed back there for our 5th time..after spending a week last March in Antigua..I have used the spa there and it was really very nice..it was a special treat as I also do not usually do spas while on vaca..but I did enjoy it . ;) safe travels

Illinois
Level Contributor
5,192 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best All-Inclusive for Pampering?

"and it is so worth the 1.5 hrs from the airport...thats why thousands do it ."

They are only going to Jamaica for 3-4 days. IMO that is a huge waste of relaxing time ! Also , MANY have reported motion sickness on the bus to Whitehouse ( it is considered a very rough drive) For that short of a trip, I would stick with Montego Bay. Also on the way back, chances are the resort will require you to leave the resort at least 4 hours before your scheduled flight home, that can really ruin one day of their trip.

United States
Destination Expert
for Ocho Rios
Level Contributor
4,150 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best All-Inclusive for Pampering?

I agree with the Sandals posts above, but if you really want to relax, I recommend extending your trip. Even with an early flight there and a late flight home, you basically lose 2 days to travel time. Even 5 days would be better so you have 3 full days to relax. Just my opinion.

United States
Level Contributor
12,032 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best All-Inclusive for Pampering?

I agree what is said above. The best option is to stay in Jamaica longer. But if that is not an option for you, I would stay in Montego Bay to cut the drive time. To be pampered in the Montego Bay area I would look at the Half Moon resort which is just a short distance east of the airport and has a good spa.

Rochester, New York
Level Contributor
2,429 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Best All-Inclusive for Pampering?

RachelB23: If you go the Sandals route, and pampering is something that is very important to you, then we highly recommend reserving a room in one of Sandal's Butler category of rooms. Pamper is exactly the area where Butlers excel. If you choose Sandals Royal Caribbean Resort and Private Island and reserve a Butler room, ask for Ellis and Hughill to be your Butlers. We've worked with these gentlemen for multiple visits and pampering is just their thing. If you would like to see a powerpoint presentation that my wife and I have prepared that describes the Sandals experience with an emphasis on SRC, send me a private message here on Trip Advisor with an appropriate email address so I can send it too you. Lots of information in there that many have found helpful.

Cocoa Beach, Florida
Destination Expert
for Cancun, Riviera Maya, Negril
Level Contributor
16,067 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Best All-Inclusive for Pampering?

We go to JA for only 3-4 days all the time as that is the amount of time we have. And we spend most of those trips in Negril. We fly one way to save time and that works well for us.

Sandals MoBay has a new spa and it is quite nice. However, I am not a fan of the resort due to excessive noise from airport. I personally do not find that relaxing.

If you want to really relax and be pampered in a unique setting, look at The Caves in Negril on the cliffs or Jamaica Inn in Ochi.

I was not wowed by Half Moon at all personally.

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
41 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Best All-Inclusive for Pampering?

Couples Swept Away - got married there 3 years ago, great Everything - you can take a small plane / helicopter from MBJ to save time (about 100 PP)