We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Complaint about Sunwing Vacations

Edmonton, Canada
1 post
Save Topic
Complaint about Sunwing Vacations

We booked a week in Runaway Bay, Jamaica, For Novemebr 5th, 2012. The resort was beatifull and while we there we were happy.

BUT

The plane was old and not very well maintained.

Small drop down screens from the ceiling to see a movie - no selection - you get what they give you.

Champagne? What a joke - two sips of something bubbly (probably soda water) with organge juice.

No choice at meal time.

Ridiculously small seats (we paid extra for superior seating and were given the front seats) these seats did not have a lift up arm for more comfort. Save your money! The folks futher down the plane had more comfort.

Returning home was a nightmare. Toilets broke down, flight staff were rude and unaccomdating.

We will NEVER fly with Sunwing vacations again.

Kingston, Canada
Level Contributor
19,497 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Complaint about Sunwing Vacations

Would you like some cheese with that whine?

It's a very inexpensive charter aircraft. You get what you paid for. Fly WestJet the next time.

Apache Junction...
Destination Expert
for Montego Bay
Level Contributor
10,635 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Complaint about Sunwing Vacations

You got a meal and champagne and you still complain? I don't know when the last time I got a meal on a plane. They don't even give out little bags of peanuts anymore. And if you want anything more than a little glass of soda, break out the wallet.

So complain away, but you didn't have it as bad as you think you did.

Malvern, Jamaica
Level Contributor
323 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Complaint about Sunwing Vacations

and that is why i fly westjet

customer service and comfort is more important to me than a couple of bucks in my wallet

as bp says...."you get what you pay for"

Guelph, Canada
Level Contributor
2,120 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Complaint about Sunwing Vacations

Sounds like Bonita doesn't fly much.

Saskatchewan, Canada
Level Contributor
2,967 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Complaint about Sunwing Vacations

Thank goodness for Sunwing (and all the charters) - IMO - Otherwise it would take us WAY longer to get to our favorite island - I get on a plane in Regina and get off the plane in Mobay. I get my luggage allowance plus a sports allowance (scuba/golf clubs). I don't have to switch planes or get held up in Toronto for two days because by connector flight was cancelled. Without these charters I don't think we would be holidaying as much.

I was, however, sad when WestJet dropped their direct seasonal from Regina to MoBay this year. Transat, Sunwing or Canjet for us now.

Saskatchewan, Canada
Level Contributor
2,967 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Complaint about Sunwing Vacations

Btw - If anyone is on the plane and wants my champagne on Friday, they can have it - lol. Just water for me :)