We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Why is CSA $200 less than SWH?

Lynchburg, Virginia
Level Contributor
60 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Why is CSA $200 less than SWH?

What am I getting at Sandals that justifies that jump in price? They both have similar amenities, die-hard loyal fans, great beaches, good food...why would I pay that extra? I like them both but that price! Whew!

Chambersburg...
Level Contributor
2,558 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Why is CSA $200 less than SWH?

No two resorts are exactly the same. There are differences in property size and location. There may be differences in the wholesale cost of the products and services used by each resort. For instance the cost of towels, linens, food, liquor. The cost of renovation, maintenance, plumbing, electric, and what the staff is paid and how much staff is employed. All of these and many more tiny factors could possibly add up to a reason behind price differences or jumps. OR it may not add up at all and its just a brand thing. Fruit loops are always going to be more expensive than fruit rings. Not downing couples because its obviously a highly regarded resort which excellent services, features and loyal guest following. But I have never in my life seen a couples commercial or ad in a magazine. In fact the first time I heard of places like couples, secrets, ect was after joining these forums. In my opinion sandals is the more widely known and recognized brand of couples only all inclusive resorts.

Orlando, Florida
Destination Expert
for Jamaica
Level Contributor
4,347 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Why is CSA $200 less than SWH?

For me, unless you are paying $200 more and getting butler service, I would say go with Couples.

I think that both chains advertise the same, although Sandals does more tv ads then Couples. But I think they are comparable, just different.

Ottawa
Level Contributor
322 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Why is CSA $200 less than SWH?

It depends on what room categories you are comparing the prices.

Apache Junction...
Destination Expert
for Montego Bay
Level Contributor
10,635 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Why is CSA $200 less than SWH?

Are you comparing apples to apples? Meaning, same room category, same travel dates, etc. Are transfers included in the price, etc. All the little factors can make a difference in the price.

Lynchburg, Virginia
Level Contributor
60 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Why is CSA $200 less than SWH?

Same dates, most expensive room at couples, to lowest standard and lowest concierge (couples offers alcohol in all its rooms already so I compared that to concierge). Still 150-200 more. Am I just paying for all those ads and commercials? Has anyone been to both?

Apache Junction...
Destination Expert
for Montego Bay
Level Contributor
10,635 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Why is CSA $200 less than SWH?

Just curious why the complaint now? It sounds like you are already booked. What were the room prices when you booked? Did you look then?

Chambersburg...
Level Contributor
2,558 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Why is CSA $200 less than SWH?

I guess the first part of my most was missed. :(

quality of product and service can make a different. do you know for a fact that both resorts pay the same amounts for their products, amenities, services and staff? If one resort is paying more for better linens or better quality seafood or better alcohol then yes it only makes sense they would have to have higher cost in order to profit from what they spend to run the resort.

You have no idea what their cost is for supplies and services & maintenance so therefore its entirely possible that they costs are "justified" by what they spend to give you a better product.

Milford...
Level Contributor
4,258 posts
607 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Why is CSA $200 less than SWH?

You also have to factor in that Sandals does give you a free trip after 70 nights (based on the room categories purchased for those nights).

Lynchburg, Virginia
Level Contributor
60 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Why is CSA $200 less than SWH?

No I have not booked yet. This is going to be our first post kids (we have 4 now, 6,5,2 and 3 weeks!) adult only trip either later this year (August) or next year (April). I just really want to relax, not think about anything like tipping or how much dinner costs, chill out and celebrate what we've accomplished with our family and lives. I just don't want to pay more for nothing, if that's the case. Does that make sense?

Milford...
Level Contributor
4,258 posts
607 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Why is CSA $200 less than SWH?

Also, if you are a Sandals Select member you get discounts based on the rack rate. This could also close in the gap.

You can join and start taking advantage of these discounts after first visit

Edited: 25 February 2013, 17:12