We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Suggestions

Lutherville...
Level Contributor
453 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
Suggestions

We usually go to Mexico for a couple of weeks in October and were looking for a change. Looking for some suggestions for an All Inclusive in the 200-250 price range per night, more if you feel it's an exceptional value. A nice beach is a must and unlimited a la carte restaurants for dinner. Not really too concerned whether it's Montego Bay, Negril etc . Were two couples in our 50's looking to veg for a couple of weeks.....thanks!

Apache Junction...
Destination Expert
for Montego Bay
Level Contributor
10,639 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Suggestions

Is the $200-$250 budget per person or per room? If it's per room, it is going to put you in the lower tier of resorts available.

Ocala, Florida
Destination Expert
for Ocho Rios, Negril, Montego Bay
Level Contributor
2,199 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Suggestions

There is Grand Pineapple --- located on a great section of 7-mile beach in Negril --- however, they only have 1 restaurant and it is a buffet, but very good.

Lutherville...
Level Contributor
453 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Suggestions

OK...I was doing a quick look and I did see quite a few things in that price range but of course I have not looked at the reviews. I saw the Grand Palladium and also the Iberostar Rose Hall for 265 a night......the budget is combined, not per person. I know Jamaica is quite a bit more then Mexico but normally you can get some pretty good deals everywhere in October.

Apache Junction...
Destination Expert
for Montego Bay
Level Contributor
10,639 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Suggestions

But your criteria was for a good beach as well. Neither of those will fit that bill. They have ok beaches, but not long stretches of uninterrupted beaches, you will only find those in Negril. And I don't know that either of those has the unlimited Al a carte...

Have a look at one of the Jewel properties as well...

Couple Tower Isle is a bit more, but would be worth it...

You could look at Sandal's Carlyle. Lower end of the Sandal's chain, but you have exchange privileges with the other Sandals in Montego Bay.

Lutherville...
Level Contributor
453 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Suggestions

Thank You!!!

United States
Level Contributor
11,264 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Suggestions

"in the 200-250 price range per night"

Being for two people this gives you few options and puts you at the low end of range of all inclusive resorts. Places to look at include: Grand Pineapple and RIU ClubHotel Negril (but not RIU Palace Tropical Bay) in Negril, Royal Decameron in Montego Bay, Jewel Runaway Bay and Grand Bahia Principe in Runaway Bay, or Jewel Dunns River Falls and Sunset Jamaica Grande in Ocho Rios. Everything else I can think of is outside your pirce range. You also need to check on the "unlimited a la carte restaurants" as some of the resorts listed may not allow the "unlimited" feature you are looking for.

Apache Junction...
Destination Expert
for Montego Bay
Level Contributor
10,639 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Suggestions

With the budget you have given, you may not get some of the criteria you would like. You may not get the best beach or the unlimited a la carte. However, I think you'll be able to find an AI you'll enjoy.

Are you planning on doing any off resort excursions while you are there? Those may have to be taken into consideration as well when suggesting a location.

Lutherville...
Level Contributor
453 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Suggestions

No excursions......eventhough I'm sure others might disagree, but no one does nothing better then me...:)

Apache Junction...
Destination Expert
for Montego Bay
Level Contributor
10,639 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Suggestions

Have to say, if it's your first time to Jamaica you'll definitely be missing out. Definitely recommend leaving the resort and seeing some of the island. Otherwise, why bother spending more money? Go where it's the cheapest. But that's just my opinion.

Level Contributor
382 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Suggestions

Go to tavelosity and do your flight first. The middle of the week is usually cheapest but work the dates if you can. Then when you find the right flight (and don't go with spirit whatever you do) pick add a hotel. We found couples San souci from June 25 -july 5 for 3850 total including flight and hotel beach front suite, 10 nights. Without the flight it was 275 a night for CSS which is a great ai. Stayed there last summer and had a blast. We were at sandals mobay the second week with a butler and are going back to CSS.

And they include snorkeling, scuba, Dunns river, shopping, and margaritaville. This is all with free transport to and from mobay and a strict no tipping policy after you get to CSS. Mexico is not apples to apples with couples.

Edited: 08 April 2013, 20:05