We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip to Kingston Town

Birmingham
6 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Trip to Kingston Town

Hi,

Can anyone tell me if it's possible to have a day trip to Kingston Town from Montego Bay?

Many thanks,

Karen

United States
Level Contributor
11,494 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trip to Kingston Town

Yes it is possible. You need to keep in mind, however, that if you drive from Montego Bay to Kingston it is about 4 hours one way (or 8 hours return). You would need to leave Montego Bay very early in the morning and return very late if you were to have any time in Kingston.

Another option is to fly. Flight time from Montego Bay to Kingston is 25 to 30 min. one way. The cost is higher but you will have more time in Kingston to see the sights.

Norwalk, Connecticut
Level Contributor
1,579 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trip to Kingston Town

It would not do the justice that Kingston deserves.......nor you either.

Take the time to see the sights of Kingston and / or the Blue Mountains.

Stay at least one night and have a little time to explore.

Waterford, NY
Level Contributor
656 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Trip to Kingston Town

Kingston is a pretty good sized city. It ranges from desperately poor to what is called Beverly Hills above the city out by the hotels, and everything in between. Very exotic in some ways, but hardly a place you could really "see" in a few hours unless you have a really specific agenda.

I kind of like the Halfway Tree area. The ride across the island is pretty interesting as well.

Birmingham
6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Trip to Kingston Town

Thanks guys,

Looks like an overnight stay is a must then, I will look into the option a flying there though. It would be a shame to visit Jamaica and not see Kingston Town!

Central Ohio
Destination Expert
for Negril, Port Antonio, Treasure Beach
Level Contributor
12,946 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Trip to Kingston Town

If you pay to stay overnight in Kingston you can save that $ by traveling for less - for example take the Knutsford Express from MoBay into New Kingston for about $20 each way rather than a private taxi or flight. Then stay somewhere like my friend's place in Beverly Hills, a short taxi ride from the Knutsford (which she can arrange for you). :D

Her rooms: https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/420586

Knutsford schedule: http://www.knutsfordexpress.com/ - on weekdays there are now 6-7 buses a day.

6. Re: Trip to Kingston Town

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 April 2014, 07:17