We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Couples Resorts - Which one?

Dc
Level Contributor
151 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Couples Resorts - Which one?

Which is the nicest of the Couples Resorts? We have been to Negril about 14 years ago when they first opened. Planning a trip this August and not sure which one to pick. Can you give me your opinions please? We are looking for relaxing, good food, beautiful beach and great service.

Cocoa Beach, Florida
Destination Expert
for Cancun, Riviera Maya, Negril
Level Contributor
16,067 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Couples Resorts - Which one?

If you use the search function you will find many threads on this subject. We prefer CSA for beach, rooms, food, nightlife.

Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Level Contributor
3,711 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Couples Resorts - Which one?

Yes LOTS of threads on this but we prefer CSA for beach, nightlife, more food options, and location. We like being on long bay and able to walk off the resort to places......

Binghamton, New...
Level Contributor
4 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Couples Resorts - Which one?

CSA is fabulous. Not all rooms have TV so if that's important, make sure you book into the right category. The beaches at Tower Isle and San Souci are probably not going to be to your liking. They are very small.

Orlando, Florida
Destination Expert
for Jamaica
Level Contributor
4,437 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Couples Resorts - Which one?

I will throw in my opinion. We love CN, the layout is wonderful, the food is great and the staff is the best. We like the beach, because Bloody Bay is not as populated there is not quite as much foot traffic.

Madison, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
454 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Couples Resorts - Which one?

In addition to the threads here, you could also search the Couples message boards about CSA vs. CN.

We stayed at CN in December 2012 and did the trading spaces to CSA. For us, CN wins hands down. However, I can see how CSA would appeal to others. For us, the beach at CN was just more relaxing, and since we didn't really feel the need to experience local bars (which you can do at CSA), the Bloody Bay beach where CN is was just the right size for our twice daily walks. Because there are more vendors walking the water line at CSA I found the beach less relaxing. CSA may have more dining choices for breakfast/lunch, but I definitely gained weight at CN, and the grill there fulfilled everything I would ever want for lunch. Red flag service on the beach was comparable for both.

I think next time we go back to Jamaica, we will probably try CSS. I would like to see a different part of the island, and I've convinced myself that I can deal with a smaller less nice beach to experience a different area and different resort. Hopefully December 2014.

Level Contributor
1,896 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Couples Resorts - Which one?

I don't think you could go wrong with any Couples Resort you choose. caviargirl gave some good advice, do a search on the Negril & Ocho Rios forums to read more about each individual resort to see which one calls to you. Check out the Couples website and message board and pictures of each resort on their review pages here on TA. Each has it's own unique character, atmosphere and personality.

It would be interesting for you to see how much things have changed over the years in Negril. Loved it back then, but it's inevitable with progress comes change. We still love Negril and the fabulous beach and sunsets, as well as the one of a kind vibe that cannot be duplicated anywhere else.

We have stayed at CSA, CN & CSS with the most stays at CSA. We have thoroughly enjoyed each visit.

Enjoy your research and your return visit to Jamaica!

Level Contributor
382 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Couples Resorts - Which one?

We have only been to CSS but it fit the bill. It beats the three sandals resorts we have been to, sgr, src(the best of the three sandals), and smb (the least of those three). We will be back to CSS the summer because of the pools the staff and the private beach. The rooms are quaint and the landscaping is natural while well groomed. It is a nice sized resort while only having 150 rooms. We never felt crowded and enjoyed the food and entertainment.

8. Re: Couples Resorts - Which one?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 April 2014, 05:18