We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What's the Craic in Montego Bay

Level Contributor
39 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
What's the Craic in Montego Bay

Getting married at secrets in feb and have a few Lil questions if anyone could take a few mins I would be very grateful

What's the weather like in feb???

Is it safe to get taxis from outside the resort???

Is it worthwhile taking tours to negril or ochio rios

would it be easier to hire a private driver and do a couple of attractions in one day???

would u need to be a strong swimmer to go snorkelling ???

Glen Mills, PA
Destination Expert
for Montego Bay
Level Contributor
5,586 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What's the Craic in Montego Bay

Its hot and sunny. 29c low 24c, 85f low 75f. It is safe t ogo off the resort. There should be taxis right outside the gate. Use taxis with red plates, ask the driver the charge before driving off. Would go to Negril for the day. Reggae Tours is great. You dont need to be a strong swimmer to swim off the beach. If you go out to the Marine Park via boat, you should be a pretty good swimmer. They do give you a life jacket to wear.

Apache Junction...
Destination Expert
for Montego Bay
Level Contributor
10,640 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What's the Craic in Montego Bay

It's recommended to get taxis off the resort and not on the resort. You'll save yourself some money. As stated, just make sure they have red plates on them and negotiate your final price before getting in.

Either location is worth taking a tour to. And you can either book a tour through the resort or hire a private driver and have them take you. We've done it both ways and each have their benefits.

Level Contributor
39 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What's the Craic in Montego Bay

Thank u so much for taking the time to reply much appreciated. When u had a private driver did u contact them through resort I think I wud prefare private tour so I cud do more than one attraction in one day.

Apache Junction...
Destination Expert
for Montego Bay
Level Contributor
10,640 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What's the Craic in Montego Bay

There is a list of recommended drivers listed at the top right of the page. Contact a few before you go and see what they can set up for you.

5. Re: What's the Craic in Montego Bay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 May 2014, 06:19