We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

We Are Finally Home @ SRC

Rochester, New York
Level Contributor
2,348 posts
106 reviews
Save Topic
We Are Finally Home @ SRC

After discovering an expired passport 24 hours from departure and a mad scramble to the wonderful US passport agency staff in Buffalo NY, we are home @ SRC. Great day yesterday on private island and today is Mrs. SRCFan's birthday. Rory singing tonight. The smiles on are faces say it all. Any questions whilst we are hear just holler.

Ontario Canada
Destination Expert
for White House
Level Contributor
8,654 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: We Are Finally Home @ SRC

Hope you are having a great trip SRCFan....have a cold one on us!

Rochester, New York
Level Contributor
2,348 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: We Are Finally Home @ SRC

Travelpair: Thx. Lots of good stories. Two reviews to post when home. And I need to turn in my travel advice credentials I think. How I let it slip that Mrs. SRCFan's passport expired and didn't detect it until 24 hours before departure is unconscionable. I'm the travel expert. Not her. I almost ended up so far into the dog house I'd have never ever even seen the door much less got out. LOL. We are here and all is well.

Level Contributor
382 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: We Are Finally Home @ SRC

Glad you made it. 10 years goes fast. Have a great time and say hello to Hughill and Ellis. They are our greatest memories from SRC.

Ontario Canada
Destination Expert
for White House
Level Contributor
8,654 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: We Are Finally Home @ SRC

lol SRCFan...I have no doubt the moment you greeted Alrick at the door, that Mrs. SRCFan forgave you!

Plus, your post was a very good reminder for all travellers to be sure to check the expiry on their passports, so you did everyone a favour!

Waterford, NY
Level Contributor
656 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: We Are Finally Home @ SRC

Alrick Bowen and Verna at the pool bar... two of my favorite Sandals people. Great place.

Wells, MN
Level Contributor
1,382 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: We Are Finally Home @ SRC

Have a great trip! Wish we were there again got back about four weeks ago and missing it and etting sick of the snow here (12'' on May 1st, ad two more today! Gotta love MN LOL) would much rather be on the island and chatting with Ellis and Hughill (have to ask Ellis if he liked his quilt) and tell them and everyone we will see them in July!

Hopefully the peacocks are done mating! They we're so loud last time!

Milford...
Level Contributor
4,312 posts
641 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: We Are Finally Home @ SRC

Happy Belated Birthday....have a fabulous time!!!!!!

Love the live posts!!

Rochester, New York
Level Contributor
2,348 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: We Are Finally Home @ SRC

Very strange weather yesterday. Winds from the West. Even the final airplane approach to Sangster was from the east. Sunny until late pm. Huge storm front with high winds and rain washed out the Beach Party out on the beach. Mrs. SRCFan bought some nice items from the beach vendors. Today, alas our last full day, there isn't a cloud in the sky. Three weddings today so the Balmoral beach will be busy we suspect with those. Headed to the Private Island instead. Gee, this is tough to take. NOT!

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
356 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: We Are Finally Home @ SRC

SRC couple, it's great to hear you're having a great trip. When we arrive at SRC we do say it feels like we've come home.

Can't wait for January 2014.

Rochester, New York
Level Contributor
2,348 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: We Are Finally Home @ SRC

Ahhh...visit concluded. So sad. But we're Soon Coming Back in March 2014...let the countdown begin.

One last note; Sitting in Club Mo Bay, one of the bar tenders came over to us, it was Sygurd! SRC visitors may remember Siggy...a great personality. He said, "Hello, I remember you from Sandals Royal" and it was nice to catch up. He is tending bar at Club Mo Bay these days so stop in if you can and say hello@