We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mandeville Jamaica

Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
61 posts
Save Topic
Mandeville Jamaica

Looking to travel to Mandeville Jamaica, this summer. I have a few questions.

1.) What is the destination route from Toronto ON to Mandeville? What airport would I be arriving to and from Jamaica.? Is is Montego Bay and if so , what airport ? Is it Kingston and if so what Airport?

2.) What is the weather like in summer time ,,, ( I can imagine HOT) !

3. ) Main Attraction and Tourist Spots ?

Thank you

Central Ohio
Destination Expert
for Negril, Port Antonio
Level Contributor
12,913 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mandeville Jamaica

You can fly into Montego Bay (Sangster) or Kingston (Manley), it's about the same travel time either way, I'd guess.

Mandeville isn't usually very hot at all because it is in the mountains, that is the appeal of living there for a lot of people, particularly retirees and returning residents.

Not a lot of typical tourist stuff going on right in Mandeville, but within an hours drive plenty of beaches, caves, rivers and things to do.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
10,736 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Mandeville Jamaica

Kingston to Mandeville is the quicker and easier drive... (esp with the toll road)

summer time weather is hot, even up in the mountains, it's typicaly good bit cooler than on the coast or in town, but you'll still feel the heat.. nights may get a little cooler, may or may not be comfortable to sleep without a fan or air con, depending on your tolerance.. . expect a bit of rain each day, although it often sets up around the area and passes quickly... when it does rain, it can really rain though.. Summer is getting into hurricane season and while the real risk of damage is typically in the coastal areas, any major system that may pass over will still be felt, so it's a good idea to keep an eye on that.

As Liz said, there's not a lot happening in or real close to Mandeville... I lived up in those parts for awhile and it is a fair size town but a bit of a sleepy town, there's some local shopping and a movie theatre (only one in the area so if you want to go to the movies, get your tickets early!).. there's some western food places and some decent ethnic (non-jamaican) dining.. whenever i needed a fix for something chinese or burgers/pizza and didn't have the time to head to Kingston, Mandeville would do :) if you're aging, generally unwell, mandeville has an abundance of medical services to come by cheap :)

Treasure beach is the nearest "tourist" spot, (it's a non-touristy tourist spot)... that's about 45 min or so away..

Enjoy

Chelle

3. Re: Mandeville Jamaica

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 May 2014, 06:17