We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

adults only resort

lancashire
Level Contributor
249 posts
Save Topic
adults only resort

hi everyone,

can someone help recommend an adults only resort in jamaica please, ive never been before and dont know where to start. i would like the resort to have the following if possible (top being the most important)

A nice romantic resort with nice surroundings

really good standard of accommodation

Nice beach (private if possible)

not overly crowded

any ideas?

thanks

stephen

1. Re: adults only resort

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 13 May 2013, 16:55
Illinois
Level Contributor
5,147 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: adults only resort

I think Couples Sans Souci would be a good match.

IMO the most romantic Couples properties, and best if looking for privacy. Literally built on a cliff, and all rooms offer ocean views. Some room styles on the cliffs will offer views that are out of this world, and with a balcony the size of an additional room. Lots of steps. Private au natural area and also main beach. The au natural area is away from the rest of the resort, so if you are not interested in it, you would not even know it was there. Main beach is completely private, no vendors, however, the water and beach quality does not compare to Negril, but still very good- calm water because it is in a cove, warm, and very little seaweed. For the Ocho Rios area, beach is good . Smaller resort with only 145 rooms, but still all the offerings of a larger AI.

Rooms are older, but are very clean and have great character, and most are very large size. . Grounds are very lush with ponds, wildlife, waterfalls, natural mineral pool, scattered throughout the property. Food excellent, and full room service menu for all meals. Entertainment staff are wonderful with plenty of activities but no push to make you participate.. I loved the outdoor entertainment at this resort. Also nice swim up bars in the au natural area and the main beach. The mineral pool was my favorite place to spend my morning, and it is actually up in the cliff area with wonderful views and a fruit and veggie bar . The spa has it massage areas built off in private areas in the cliffs, with ocean just below you. There really is no resort designed like CSS, it is an original, and as one person stated, it is like a fine wine, has become better with age!

Edited: 13 May 2013, 16:59
lancashire
Level Contributor
249 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: adults only resort

thanks for this, the only thing putting me off CSS was the rooms ive read they are a little dated now and also the beach isn't the nicest so with hearing both things its sort of put me off a little

Orlando, Florida
Destination Expert
for Jamaica
Level Contributor
4,414 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: adults only resort

I don't think that the rooms are dated, they are nice, clean and comfortable. The bathrooms are great. The beach is lovely.

Having said that, the beaches in the Ocho Rios area are not my favorite, I prefer the beach in Negril. But the beach is not private.

When you say "really good standard room" what exactly are you looking for?

Illinois
Level Contributor
5,147 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: adults only resort

I agree about the beach in Ocho Rios not to be anything like Negril, but NO beach in Negril is private. So, you will have to decide what is more important to you.

For Ocho Rios, CSS actually has a pretty nice beach. I agree Blondie about the rooms at CSS, I personally found them great. Glitz and glam - no, large, clean comfortable, fantastic balconies with some of the nicest views on the island- yes.

lancashire
Level Contributor
249 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: adults only resort

how does CSS compare to say the sandals resorts in terms of accommodation quality? actually what are the differences between couples and sandals on the whole?

Cocoa Beach, Florida
Destination Expert
for Cancun, Riviera Maya, Negril
Level Contributor
16,066 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: adults only resort

There are dozens of threads that compare Couples to Sandals - why not search and read those for many details and opinions.

Which you choose should IMO be based on your priorities. If it is about the room, then you will be happier with Sandals IMO, IF you book a higher category room.

We do not go to JA to stay in our room and room luxury is low on our list. We find the rooms at CSA and CN to be comfortable and clean, with good beds. They are not extravagant and neither are the public areas of the resorts.

I have stayed at both chains, and most recently within the last year. For me, Couples wins for value, personality and inclusions.

We choose Swept Away for amazing beach and wonderful sports complex as well as large terraces on all room categories. Stay #9 coming up in 2 months.

Richmond, Virginia
Level Contributor
357 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: adults only resort

If you look into Sandals I'd recommend Whitehouse, perhaps booking at concierge level... Seems to fit your list rather well. I've not been to Couples to comment on comparison, but there are loads of forums to read through which should give you a lot of insight.

Level Contributor
382 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: adults only resort

We have been to sandals grand riviera, royal Caribbean, and Montego bay. Sgr was big as in huge. The butler villas are nice with a shared small pool. The resort has really great pools, but the beach is disappointing. Src is small with many smaller pools and a great island that has a relaxed feel with another pool. The beach is acceptable and it is a part of stay at one play at three. The butler level at both these resorts was good at sgr to great at Src. Smb has a good stretch of beach, but for what we paid the room was disappointingly small with a shared balcony and a sea wall instead of a beach. At mid range butler we expected better. Our butlers had 11 guest rooms to cover, because the resort was full and they were no shows at best.

We spent a week at couples San souci last summer and loved it every room has room service and mini bar, and all rooms are suites with balconies. It is gorgeous with a 50's charm. The beach is nice and private, the pools are great, the food was good to great and you never feel crowded. The resort has a large footprint to have only 150 rooms. There are hidden paths, with hot tubs and hammocks. They include dunns river, shopping, and a trip to margaritaville. Sandals charges extra for trips.

Personally I bought the sandals marketing pitch and paid the premium for two out of three good experiences. We won't go back to sandals after our time at San souci. For 2000 less css is so much nicer. In fact it is nicer at even money. The food is equal, the beach equal or better, the pools equal, the staff great, the inclusions far better, and the charm is beyond what sandals can do. We are returning for 10 nights this summer and we hardly ever go back to any place.

Kansas City
Level Contributor
89 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: adults only resort

We did Sandals Whitehouse for Honeymoon -- Did not pay for butler or concierge -- we were not in the room very much. Cost $$$$

We recently stayed at Royal Decameron Runaway Bay Fun.... saved $$

Main beach and private(ish) beach, wonderful staff.

We also enjoyed the Coco LaPalm once -- on Negril -- no private beach - but so very nice accomodations.