We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

first time to jamaica

liverpool
Level Contributor
43 posts
1 review
Save Topic
first time to jamaica

Hi

I am looking at going to jamaica in january with my husband and 5 year old any suggestions on best hotels to go to,also we would like to be able to go outside the resort for a wander round,any help would be great.

Thanks

Nicola

United States
Level Contributor
11,261 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: first time to jamaica

There are several resorts in Jamaica designed for a family such as yours. Can you specify your budget and the number of nights you will be in Jamaica. You should know that January is 'high season' in Jamaica and prices will be at or near the highest they will be all year. Second can you define what the term 'best hotels' means to you (best beach, best spa, 24 hr. room service, best room, best food, swim up bar, best entertainment, etc.).

liverpool
Level Contributor
43 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: first time to jamaica

Thankyou for replying we dont need best spa or anything like that just really family friendly ,hotel wise were use to indian hotels so dont need really posh :-) just good pools and beach within a goid distance to go and look round we were looking montego bay way but just not sure,when looking hotels seem to be between 3000-4000 for 3 of us.

Thanks

liverpool
Level Contributor
43 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: first time to jamaica

Sorry and we are looking at going for 2 wks

Central Ohio
Destination Expert
for Negril, Port Antonio
Level Contributor
12,881 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: first time to jamaica

If you really want to spend a bit of time wandering around outside a resort, especially with a child, may I suggest Treasure Beach. I just came back from my 4th visit there and am blogging about it.

travelsinjamaica.com/p/treasure-beach-and-so…

I think TB is my favorite part of Jamaica for what you say you like. Lots of hotel options, far less expensive than $3-4K for a week.

Negril may also suit you, the public beach is very accessible there.

Montego Bay has resorts with their own beaches which vary in size and niceness but if you don't stay at one of those the beach is an outing that requires a walk across a busy street at best.

Silver Sands in Duncans has private villas with a nice accessible beach only 45 minutes from the airport.

liverpool
Level Contributor
43 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: first time to jamaica

Thanks i will have a look at that we do like having a look round were use to india and thailand and so is our son so just dont want to feel like we are just in the hotel for 2 wks but fancy a more relaxing holiday this year and jamaica looks fab :-)

Central Ohio
Destination Expert
for Negril, Port Antonio
Level Contributor
12,881 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: first time to jamaica

http://www.treasurebeach.net has hotel options in that area.

Riverside...
Level Contributor
52 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: first time to jamaica

Beaches resort is great. VERY kid friendly. Since they are a sandals sister hotel and all inclusive, you will have a carefree stay.

They have great service there AND many tours for you to choose from and book right from the hotel desk. They are truly amazing people in Jamaica! you will enjoy it very much.

Do becareful where you wonder off too. Be sure to ask a hotel staff member the safest places to go and they have no issues guiding you there.

Enjoy your stay! Ya Mon!

8. Re: first time to jamaica

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 May 2014, 05:19