We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Booking a flight and vacation separately

Toronto, Ontario...
1 post
Save Topic
Booking a flight and vacation separately

I currently have a west jet credit that I can only use to book a flight. I was looking into flights in the Caribbean to Jamaica, cuba and Dominican and they are around 900$ for 2. I was curious if anyone would recommend booking a vacation package with the flight separate and around how much more it would cost, or if I would save. Any ideas?

St. Charles, MO
Level Contributor
1,823 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Booking a flight and vacation separately

Canada may be different, but I have done this a time or two from the USA when using frequent flyer miles. I think you have the opportunity to save because you can just choose whatever booking agency is giving the best price and not worry about who has good flight times.

nova scotia
Level Contributor
2,022 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Booking a flight and vacation separately

I think it depends on the time of year you are travelling and how far in advance you are going to book - a lot of variables... but if you can get $900 for 2 airfare from Toronto, assuming tax included, I would be buying it FAST! Then look at your hotel choices...seriously, that is a great price!

Central Ohio
Destination Expert
for Negril, Port Antonio, Treasure Beach
Level Contributor
13,005 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Booking a flight and vacation separately

I almost always find it less $ to book flight separately from lodging.

If you want a resort or large hotel that books though travel web sites, you can look at land only prices, also check out skyauction for good deals.

If you don't want an all-inclusive or very large hotel, you can book directly with any hotel or villa you like.

4. Re: Booking a flight and vacation separately

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 May 2014, 05:16