We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

DAMN YOU, Tropical Depression 4/Tropical Storm Dorian!!!!

Ays08
Level Contributor
147 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
DAMN YOU, Tropical Depression 4/Tropical Storm Dorian!!!!

Since we're traveling on Saturday, I've been anxiously monitoring the Caribbean and hoping for no hurricanes/storms to pop up before our trip.

Everything was looking fine, but then up pops TD4/Tropical Storm Dorian!

Right now it's still far out, not yet a tropical storm and certainly not yet a threat to Jamaica... it's on track to hit the virgin islands...but you never know and I was hoping not to have ANY storms to worry about, dangit.

Guess we'll wait and see and be glad we have trip insurance.

1. Re: DAMN YOU, Tropical Depression 4/Tropical Storm Dorian!!!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 24 July 2013, 17:05
United States
Destination Expert
for Ocho Rios
Level Contributor
4,113 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: DAMN YOU, Tropical Depression 4/Tropical Storm Dorian!!!!

I have had two hurricanes mess up my trips to Sandals. When it's an issue, you'll know!!! :) This one is far out. No worries yet.

1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: DAMN YOU, Tropical Depression 4/Tropical Storm Dorian!!!!

Are you going to Jamaica? I'm supposed to leave for Jamaica on Monday! :(

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
4,325 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: DAMN YOU, Tropical Depression 4/Tropical Storm Dorian!!!!

You mention that you have trip insurance. Does that cover tropical depressions arriving on the island during your stay? If so, where can I purchase that kind of insurance?

United States
Destination Expert
for Ocho Rios
Level Contributor
4,113 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: DAMN YOU, Tropical Depression 4/Tropical Storm Dorian!!!!

Unless you have cancel for any reason, trip insurance won't cover anything unless the airport closes the day you are supposed to arrive or leave, and possibly if your resort has to close due to damage, but if they can place you somewhere else then, it may not cover that either.

I really wouldn't worry about this storm hitting Jamaica yet. However, if there is insurance like that, I'd like to know what it is, but I think it is only covered with cancel for any reason.

Ays08
Level Contributor
147 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: DAMN YOU, Tropical Depression 4/Tropical Storm Dorian!!!!

Yes we have cancel for any reason. We have young kids at home so we kinda had to have it anyways!

new york
Level Contributor
1,225 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: DAMN YOU, Tropical Depression 4/Tropical Storm Dorian!!!!

This is why I so dread traveling during hurricane season :( Good Luck :)

Ays08
Level Contributor
147 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: DAMN YOU, Tropical Depression 4/Tropical Storm Dorian!!!!

just looked at the latest forcecasts... its looking to pass just north of dominican republic/cuba. phew!

Kingston, Canada
Level Contributor
19,497 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: DAMN YOU, Tropical Depression 4/Tropical Storm Dorian!!!!

There is a reason why prices are so cheap during hurricane season.

But no worries about Dorion. The recent tracking shows it moving well north of the Greater Antilles.

wunderground.com/tropical/…at201304_5day.html

The Bahamas will be in the path however.

10. Re: DAMN YOU, Tropical Depression 4/Tropical Storm Dorian!!!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 July 2014, 05:17