We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Iberostar vs. Sandals vs. Secrets

OC
Level Contributor
44 posts
Save Topic
Iberostar vs. Sandals vs. Secrets

We are looking at Iberostar Grand Rose Hall and I have to say that the reviews are so one-sided it makes me suspicious, haha I had a travel agent say that she stayed there and really didn't like how she was treated? Do you feel like you are at a family resort since the adjacent resorts are right next door and you share water sports with them? We usually go to Sandals and have been to Whitehouse which we really loved, however the nightlife is missing there. Anyone out there been to Iberostar Grand and can offer some advice? Iberostar vs. Sandals vs. Secrets??? HELP!

Saskatchewan, Canada
Level Contributor
2,978 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Iberostar vs. Sandals vs. Secrets

"I had a travel agent say that she stayed there and really didn't like how she was treated?"

Really?? I have found the Iberostar staff amongst the best. And I have stayed at Sandals and Couples.

I am actually sometimes skepital of what travel agents say as they will get more "perks" if clients book with a particular hotel or travel package carrier.

Saskatchewan, Canada
Level Contributor
2,978 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Iberostar vs. Sandals vs. Secrets

Oh - and I should add that I am a travel princess lol.

White Plains, New...
Level Contributor
877 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Iberostar vs. Sandals vs. Secrets

Agree, travel agent will tell you anything for their benefit and incentives. I have been to both and Iberostar is much better. Sandals has been going downhill. They are no longer like they used to be.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
1,010 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Iberostar vs. Sandals vs. Secrets

I have to agree with Too Cool and ProArtWork,

Was at Iberostar Grand Rose Hall in January with my husband and my two ADULT kids. It was my second time at the Grand and wanted my husband and adults kids to experience the Jamaican hospitality, the star friends, the amazing food and all. I was also at Sandals Royal Plantation in April and going to Sandals Whitehouse in Sept..... I know ...I know lots of travel.

You will not be dissapointed at the Grand. The place is beautiful, huge pool with a quiet section and a move lively one with a swim-up bar. The food is really good and I am French and a foodie. But what really makes the Grand so special is the staff, the star friends are awesome. Do not listen to that agent...the Grand is Grand.

Alex

Saskatchewan, Canada
Level Contributor
2,978 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Iberostar vs. Sandals vs. Secrets

LOL - When went to Rose Hall Suites when my youngest just turned 4. We are returning in January. and she will be six. The other day she asked me if I thought OMG (entertainment staff) would stil be there! My kids are well travelled and run across many different people in their travels. We have even taken a disney cruise since that trip. The fact that a child that age remembers the staff speaks volumes, in my opinion :)

San Diego...
Level Contributor
1,157 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Iberostar vs. Sandals vs. Secrets

I've been to SWH and the Grand (Secrets too) and we found that the Grand had the best overall service and food, but if you thought that SWH was light on the evening entertainment front, then the Grand may also underwhelm you as we thought that SWH was actually the livelier of the two! In truth, we found Secrets to have the best nightlife of the three resorts, with the availability of multiple bars and multiple locations for shows/events.

OC
Level Contributor
44 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Iberostar vs. Sandals vs. Secrets

Thank you all....We are so used to just walking on the beach at Sandals and jumping on a sailboat...are the water sports that accessible at Iberostar Grand? Or is it crowded because of the three resorts sharing the same water sport's facility? Thanks again!

8. Re: Iberostar vs. Sandals vs. Secrets

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 August 2014, 05:18