We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel for an active young couple

1 post
Save Topic
Hotel for an active young couple

Hi all,

I'm trying to pick a hotel for my girlfriend and I for a 4 day, 3 night stay during the Thanksgiving long weekend. We're in our late 20's and would like somewhere that is within a close vicinity of activities (snorkeling, hiking, etc.). Preferably not all-inclusive unless the hotel offers authentic local cuisine as we'd like to sample what Jamaica has to offer. Thinking either Montego Bay or Ocho Rios but any recommendations would be appreciated!

New England
Level Contributor
2,463 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel for an active young couple

Keep in mind Ocho Rios is 1.5-2 hrs from the Sangster Airport in Montego Bay. That could influence your location choice for a long weekend trip. :) have fun wherever you go!

United States
Level Contributor
12,471 posts
126 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel for an active young couple

I might try looking at Round Hill Hotel and villas. This is a resort that can be booked either non-inclusive or with a meal plan if you desire. It is located about 10 miles from the Montego Bay airport. For a resort near Ocho Rios I might look at Jamaica Inn.

Keep in that the Thanksgiving long weekend is one of the peak travel times of the year to Jamaica. You will probably find that as of today the supply of rooms at most hotels, if available at all, will be rather limited. As the all inclusive resorts tend to be larger than most non-inclusive ones in Jamaica, you will probably find more availability at the all inclusive resorts.

Apache Junction...
Destination Expert
for Montego Bay
Level Contributor
10,648 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel for an active young couple

Polkerris in Montego Bay.

4. Re: Hotel for an active young couple

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 August 2014, 06:22