We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Any way of knowing???

Windsor, Canada
Level Contributor
752 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Any way of knowing???

Is there any way of knowing when sandals promos end? While on the phone with them and even on chats with them they said they really have no idea. My TA actually gave me a day but just thought I would ask here too...

Not sure how promos work with sandals. As of right now I have 2 rooms locked in on the current promo for my resort and particular room but we have friends that want to go. Problem is those friends are waiting till the last minute and I would hate for them to miss out of a great promo...

Thanks

Haverhill...
Level Contributor
3,897 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Any way of knowing???

Never any way of knowing. There is always some kind of promo going on, and most times the countdown that shows will be restarted again. But that is the chance that you take...... you just never know. Remind them and reassure them that they can cancel for full refund with no issues, and that if the price goes down they will be able to take advantage of the lower rate. (yeah, I know, easier said than done.......). Promos with 2-free nights don't last forever the way many of the other promos seem to do. If that's what you're holding on to, I'd strongly push them to do it now and not wait.

Windsor, Canada
Level Contributor
752 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Any way of knowing???

I just noticed you can click the individual promo and it gives you dates...

Haverhill...
Level Contributor
3,897 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Any way of knowing???

Yeah, I still wouldn't hold my breath on that........ LOL

Windsor, Canada
Level Contributor
752 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Any way of knowing???

Well it says the promos end tomorrow so if anything it gets my friends to either poop or get off the pot...

United States
Destination Expert
for Ocho Rios
Level Contributor
4,113 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Any way of knowing???

Their promos always end "tomorrow". And even more funny, when the prices really do change, it never coincides with the countdown clock on the website! :)

Windsor, Canada
Level Contributor
752 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Any way of knowing???

Whatever get our friends to commit I am cool with it lol...

Haverhill...
Level Contributor
3,897 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Any way of knowing???

BSB - That is SOOOO true! The prices and/or promos change when you never expect them to..... which is why we keep checking constantly....... ahhh, the trials and tribulations of booking a Sandals vacation! LOL

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
1,007 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Any way of knowing???

Perferd,

Which Sandals are you looking to book? Just curious.

Do you always book online with Sandals? If so, what about your flight? AC or Westjet?

Thanks

Alex

Medford, New York
Level Contributor
1,009 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Any way of knowing???

The promo for my January trip to SGR still looks the same but the price jumped to a little over $400 more than when I booked it about 3 weeks ago... So I guess you really just can't tell.

Rochester, New York
Level Contributor
2,204 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Any way of knowing???

In a nutshell, Sandals is no different than any other business in the hospitality sector on the matter of this thread. They use pricing and spifs as a capacity management tool. Specials, promos, offers, whatever you want to call them change all the time. The different mechanisms Sandals uses are out and out pricing, , free nights, inclusions, tours, Sandals Select points, air credits, you name it they use it at their discretion to manage capacity. So our tact is to first pick some dates we want to visit, then keep an eye out over time on the price (we're not big on inclusions like spa treatments, catamaran cruises etc. because we don't use these anyways) and if it moves in an advantageous way, we jump. But sooner or later, as the OP stated, you've got to '...poop or get off the pot...' so to speak.