We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Negril or Montego Bay?

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
51 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Negril or Montego Bay?

Hi All,

I am planning on going to Jamaica for the first time. I was just wondering, which is nicer: Negril or Montego Bay? I am looking for long, sandy beaches and a variety of resorts to choose from.

Thanks so much!

United States
Level Contributor
11,378 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Negril or Montego Bay?

See the following to see the differences between the two towns

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g147309-c165100/Jamai…

"I am looking for long, sandy beaches and a variety of resorts to choose from."

Of the two towns, Negril has the longest beach and both towns have many resorts at all price points.

Negril, Jamaica
Level Contributor
223 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Negril or Montego Bay?

Montego Bay will have tons of resorts and nice watering holes, Negril has less resorts but there is 7 mile beach! My vote is for Negril.

Level Contributor
1,896 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Negril or Montego Bay?

<long, sandy beaches and a variety of resorts to choose from>

You just described Negril, many non inclusive and all inclusive resorts to choose from. The Long Bay section of 7 Mile Beach has a variety of both, and has the longer, lively stretch of beach. The Bloody Bay section of 7 Mile has all inclusive resorts and is the shorter, quieter stretch of beach.

Enjoy your research & enjoy Jamaica!

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
51 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Negril or Montego Bay?

Thank you all! What all inclusive resort would you recommend in Negril for a family?

United States
Level Contributor
11,378 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Negril or Montego Bay?

By ' a family?' to you mean parents with one or more child age 6 mo. to 18 years? If so, take a look at Beaches Negril to see if this fits your requirements.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
51 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Negril or Montego Bay?

How is Ocho Rios?

7. Re: Negril or Montego Bay?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 September 2014, 05:17