We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sandals Soon Come Back question

NorthEast PA
Level Contributor
69 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Sandals Soon Come Back question

I am going to Sandals Grand Riviera in 2 weeks. I want to book a trip to Sandals LaSource Grenada for March of 2014. If I wait to book while at SGR will I get a better price on the trip?

Haverhill...
Level Contributor
3,933 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sandals Soon Come Back question

You will probably get the exact same price that is being shown on the website. You MIGHT get an extra promo, but the price is probably the exact same. If you are using a travel agent, it's still possible to transfer the booking to them, but Sandals has changed their policies and have made it more difficult to do that. They used to automatically attach it to the TA who booked you into the resort you're at, but no longer do that. They also used to offer a resort credit that you could use however you choose (photos, gift shop, spa, etc.). Last I knew it was specifically a spa credit now and for less money. But many times the rooms come with a spa credit now anyhow.

United States
Destination Expert
for Ocho Rios
Level Contributor
4,160 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sandals Soon Come Back question

The credit is definitely still a spa credit, but still for the same amount. However, I hate it being a spa credit and I really hope they change it back to a resort credit. I never, ever use the spa. I have no use for a $125 credit, but that is what you get when you take the trip you booked at SGR, so you'd use it in Grenada.

Since you are going so soon, I'd wait and see what promos Soon Come Back has. Since Grenada is new, they could have a special offer for it. And the people at SCB at SGR are fantastic! We say hi to them whether we're booking a trip or not just because they're so fun! I am going in November and waiting until then to book my next trip in case SCB has a special.

Mentioned in this post
Grenada
Grenada
Caribbean
nova scotia
Level Contributor
2,117 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sandals Soon Come Back question

To echo other's sentiments, price should be the same as advertised on the Sandals website but they might offer some incentive to book while at SGR - ie. spa credit, tour , etc. Why not try asking for a 'resort' credit for your use as you see fit and see what they say?? Again, doubt the Soon Come Back folks have any 'pull' with pricing - enjoy your trip to SGR!

NorthEast PA
Level Contributor
69 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Sandals Soon Come Back question

Thanks for the feedback everyone. I am going to see what happens when I am there and price it out, I am also going to price it out now on the website so i have something to compare to when i am at SGR.

Cant wait only 18 days!!!

Ontario Canada
Destination Expert
for White House
Level Contributor
8,740 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sandals Soon Come Back question

EK0310...if you end up booking, be sure to only put down the required $400. And then keep an eagle eye on the price of your room between your booking time and making final payment. If the price of your room decreases, you can request a price adjustment. We've had some great reductions in price over the years...and sometimes instead of taking the lower price, we end up upgrading our room!

Enjoy your stay!

NorthEast PA
Level Contributor
69 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Sandals Soon Come Back question

Great to know. I would have paid for the whole trip. If I can only put $400 down I will do that and keep on eye on the price. Thanks

Haverhill...
Level Contributor
3,933 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Sandals Soon Come Back question

And as long as you only put down the $400, you can make changes to your booking, whether it be dates, resorts, or room category. Makes more sense for you to keep the balance in your pocket/bank where it can work for you, rather than giving it to Sandals before it is necessary. We never pay in full until we need to.

United States
Destination Expert
for Ocho Rios
Level Contributor
4,160 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Sandals Soon Come Back question

I have asked many times for a resort credit rather than a spa. They will not do it! I had the SCB credit last year, as well as a $250 spa credit I got with booking. I used none of it, and they would not convert any of it to a resort credit. They tried to convince me to get my nails done, but I did them before I left, and it wasn't how I wanted to spend my vacation time. I think the resort credit was a much better incentive to book another trip.

And no, I never pay the balance to Sandals until I owe it! I might put some money down on it before the due date, but never pay off the balance until it is due! :)

9. Re: Sandals Soon Come Back question

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 September 2014, 05:19