We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mosquitoes at SGR?

Nashville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
90 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Mosquitoes at SGR?

I've read posts and reviews about a mosquito problem in Jamaica but I've never read anyone talk about mosquitoes at SGR. Will I need to bring Bug spray or candles for our balcony? Thanks!

United States
Destination Expert
for Ocho Rios
Level Contributor
4,154 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mosquitoes at SGR?

I've never brought any bug repellent at all, and I don't think I've ever gotten a single bite.

There are more bees than mosquitos, and I am afraid of them, so they're my concern. They are around the pool bars because of the sugar. They seem to be worse in the fall than the spring. I make my husband go up to the bar and get drinks for me :)

Guelph, Canada
Level Contributor
2,362 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Mosquitoes at SGR?

It's the tropics. There are mosquitos. You may or may not get bit (or notice that you get bit) but they are there so if you are concerned I would take repellent.

14 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Mosquitoes at SGR?

There will be mosquitoes and other biting insects around, so I would recommend taking some insect repellent with you.

Nassau, New...
Level Contributor
168 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Mosquitoes at SGR?

We do treat the property daily for mosquitoes but during the fall season, there are more of them than in other seasons; Because of the weather. I would bring bug repellent just to be safe. Repellent is also offered in the resort shop for purchase.

5. Re: Mosquitoes at SGR?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 October 2014, 05:19
Still have questions?
Post your own question so other travellers can help.
Ask a question