We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

December or January all inclusive with hubby and 8 month old

Canada
Level Contributor
81 posts
Save Topic
December or January all inclusive with hubby and 8 month old

Any suggestions on resorts that won't cost me an arm and a leg but still has good food and resort? :)

United States
Level Contributor
11,937 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: December or January all inclusive with hubby and 8 month old

"won't cost me an arm and a leg"

Can you define the dollar value of 'an arm and a leg'. Is that amount for each person?, for the three of you?, and is it including or not including airfare to Jamaica? How long a vacation are you planning (nights in hotel in Jamaica)?

You need to keep in mind that in Jamaica and the other tourist areas of the Caribbean, Dec. 15 is the start of 'high season' (read high priced). Most hotels also charge even higher rates for the Christmas and new years period and also require a minimum length of stay. In short, the dates you are asking about are some of the most expensive of the year. I also did a quick search with some random dates in the period you specified for Montego Bay hotels and found a significant number of hotels that appear to be fully booked. For hotels to be fully booked for the time period you specify is also not uncommon.

Philadelphia...
9 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: December or January all inclusive with hubby and 8 month old

There are many AL in Jamaica that wont cost you an arm and a leg and have great value. Secrets St. James, Couples Swept Away, Couples Negril. All are great couples resorts. I am very familiar with couples resorts in Jamaica.. feel free to direct message me if you have any questions about them!

Hazleton...
Level Contributor
243 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: December or January all inclusive with hubby and 8 month old

Sounds to me like they are looking for a family friendly resort. We had our 6 month old in Mobay this past January. We had a great time. So we went back in July and are planning again for this January. Let me know if you need anything

Edited: 11 October 2013, 16:44
Cleveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
917 posts
147 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: December or January all inclusive with hubby and 8 month old

Definitely look into "family friendly" places. Couples, Sandals - no kids allowed. We booked Jewel Runaway Bay because they welcome children and have lots of activities and a nice beach with mostly calm water.

Canada
Level Contributor
81 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: December or January all inclusive with hubby and 8 month old

Thanks!

I checked a few websites and saw that the prices are significantly different in January, which I am very open to!

I would prefer the all inclusive price to be at or below $2000 per person ( my 8 month old I think is free because if age. That price would be all inclusive including flight from and to edmonton, Alberta, Canada.

It dies gave to be child friendly so sandals etc are out. I wish they allowed families because their resorts seem beautiful!!

Canada
Level Contributor
81 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: December or January all inclusive with hubby and 8 month old

Sorry my ipad keeps auto correcting me :)

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
409 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: December or January all inclusive with hubby and 8 month old

Sandals owns Grand Pineapple in Negril. I know the Grand Pineapple resorts are more budget-friendly, but not sure if it will fall in line with your budget. Just another option for you :) I have not stayed at Grand Pineapple, but I love Sandals.

grandpineapple.com/resorts/…resort-home

United States
Level Contributor
11,937 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: December or January all inclusive with hubby and 8 month old

Some places to consider that are 'family' resorts and $C2000 or less per person (for the adults with child free) from Edmonton for a week including air to/from Jamaica include:

Montego Bay: Iberostar Rose Hall Suites (but not the Iberostar Grand which is adults only) and Hilton Rose Hall

Ocho Rios: Beaches Ocho Rios and Sunset Jamaica Grande

Runaway Bay: Franklin D Resort

Negril: Beaches Negril

Canada
Level Contributor
81 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: December or January all inclusive with hubby and 8 month old

Thanks!! I'll check those out :)

10. Re: December or January all inclusive with hubby and 8 month old

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 October 2014, 05:18