We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What Wines Available at Duty Free @ Sangster International?

Toronto
Level Contributor
662 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
What Wines Available at Duty Free @ Sangster International?

Can anyone clear this up what sort of red wines are available for purchase at the duty free at Sangster International? The resort I'm staying at charges exorbitant prices for medciocre Managers List wines, and the house stuff I believe is going to be pretty terrible.

I would like to buy wines either at Sangster International or perhaps at the shops in Negril (Times Square Mall)? I have heard that wine is available at the Duty Free shop in Sangster but I have no idea what they sell and what sort of prices.

I am not interested in packing my own wine in my luggage ... I know it's doable but even with those wine pouches it's too much hassle ... I'd rather just buy once in the country if at all possible.

Seal Beach...
Level Contributor
1,123 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What Wines Available at Duty Free @ Sangster International?

I am also interested what wines are available at duty free. Would like to bring a couple bottles of good red.

Toronto
Level Contributor
662 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What Wines Available at Duty Free @ Sangster International?

I'm hoping that I can pick up either at the airport or alternatively at the Times Square Mall in Negril. Does Times Square mall in Negril have a wine shop?

United States
Level Contributor
10,843 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What Wines Available at Duty Free @ Sangster International?

"Does Times Square mall in Negril have a wine shop?"

I have never seen a wine shop. Lots of places sell various types of Jamaican rum. I might have seen a bottle or two over the years (but I was not looking for it). A better option for wine will probably be the Hi-Lo supermarket in the Sunshine Plaza.

Toronto
Level Contributor
662 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What Wines Available at Duty Free @ Sangster International?

Is Sunshine Plaza near Times Square Mall? (within walking distance?)

Connecticut
Level Contributor
9,077 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: What Wines Available at Duty Free @ Sangster International?

I suppose it is possible to walk but it is quite a distance from Time Square Mall (notice no 's' on Time) to Sunshine Village Plaza.

Time Square is before the roundabout and Sunshine is beyond the roundabout. Satellite map shows it is about 1.1miles between the two malls.

HiLo market does have wine.

Toronto
Level Contributor
662 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: What Wines Available at Duty Free @ Sangster International?

Thanks Hedo!

AAS
Dallas, TX
Level Contributor
395 posts
169 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: What Wines Available at Duty Free @ Sangster International?

I just returned from CTI. The room service wines were Italian and better than last year. I thought the red was very drinkable - never got around to opening the white. They had an Argentian Cab at dinner which was also quite good. The Savignon Blanc was Italian I think and very crisp (which I preferred). My friend preferred Chardonay (which I don't drink) and she said she did not think it was buttery enough - not sure where it was from.

AAS
Dallas, TX
Level Contributor
395 posts
169 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: What Wines Available at Duty Free @ Sangster International?

Let me also add that I don't think that duty free at Sangster's is going to be your answer. They had a very limited selection and no name brands. I would do duty free at your departing airport, bring it in your luggage or plan on going to a store once you arrive. We did order wine and champagne off the menu and found prices to be similar to higher end resturant prices as home. For reference in Dallas resturant prices are generally 2 to 3 times the grocery store price.

Toronto
Level Contributor
662 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: What Wines Available at Duty Free @ Sangster International?

Thanks AAS.

I thought about doing duty free here in Toronto ... maybe that's a good solution. I'm also going to be at a Couples resort (Couples Negril) so that's good news to hear about the free house wines you mention! =)

Roseville...
Level Contributor
1,563 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: What Wines Available at Duty Free @ Sangster International?

Plus the Duty Free shop is in Departures and not in Arrivals.