We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Excursions from treasure beach

california
Level Contributor
116 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Excursions from treasure beach

Wondering if we should spend all of our 9 days at treasure beach or should we split up between two coasts. Mainly base on available excursions at each location. I love the idea of treasure beach but not sure if it has enough activities to keep us busy for all 9 days. None of us are into fishing so that excursion is out. Any suggestions would be great.

Hanau, Germany
Level Contributor
2,330 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Excursions from treasure beach

YS falls, Appleton estate, Pelican Bar and Black River are close to TB.

Malvern, Jamaica
Level Contributor
324 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Excursions from treasure beach

in my humble opinion 9 days is not nearly nuff time, but each to their own....

what to do in treasure beach...for starters how about...

take a bath in the sea and stay there for hours.....

i like to rise early and go for a walk along the beach - all beaches in treasure beach are nice, billys bay, frenchmans, calabash, old wharf, and great bay

its really nice to walk old whalf road along the sea side early in the morning

explore great bay

visit fishermans bar and have a drink, or play some pool at the wild onion

you can rent bikes or scooters and explore the area - from great bay to as far as fort charles or lovers leap

take a boat tour and go to pelican bar and up the black river

hire a driver and explore milk river and the baths there

little ochi for a good meal, take a boat tour to little ochi instead of the usual land route

book a table at mar blue and have a wonderful meal

eat a good pizza at jack sprats

go for chinese food in junction

explore the markets in st. elizabeth:

you can go to newmarket (if you are there on the right days) or black river has some good shopping

you can take a day trip to sav la mar for some really good shopping

book a spa treatment at jakes

sit and talk and make new friends - take the time to get to know the residents of treasure beach and you will have friends for life

lol not once did i go fishing and now you can see that 9 days is not nearly nuff time

one love

california
Level Contributor
116 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Excursions from treasure beach

Thank you both for your input, especially twistedsistas for such detailed list. Unfortunately 9 days is all I can afford, time and financially. Lol.. We'll just have to make sure we make the most out of it!

Central Ohio
Destination Expert
for Negril, Port Antonio, Treasure Beach
Level Contributor
13,006 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Excursions from treasure beach

We did a lot of trips (many of the ones twistedsista mentioned and also no fishing!) during our week in TB, I don't think we hung out on the beach all day any of the days we were there. I blogged about our trips with photos and stuff if you are looking for ideas check it out: travelsinjamaica.com/p/treasure-beach-and-so…

In previous trips to TB I've visited Mandeville...swum with manatees...still haven't hiked Pedro Bluff or Back Seaside...

california
Level Contributor
116 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Excursions from treasure beach

Thank you for the link! Awesome blog, love the pictures.

6. Re: Excursions from treasure beach

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 October 2014, 07:19