We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Sandals Resort

Houston, Minnesota
Level Contributor
1 post
33 reviews
Save Topic
Best Sandals Resort

For a 65 year young couple who love spas, massage and local characters, some non-touristy places near enough.

Nashville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
90 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best Sandals Resort

Probably would need more info, such as are you beach or pool types? Prefer a quite resort or more "hopping"? Things like that in order to tell with Sandals would be best for you :).

New England
Level Contributor
2,463 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best Sandals Resort

Each Sandals has a unique atmosphere.

Most inclusions are pretty much available and the same at every resort.

Montego Bay resorts are obviously near the airport. The others are about 1.5-2 hr drives from MBJ.

The size and layout of each resort it different. Some are smaller and intimate. Some are spread out and require a good deal of walking. Some have many stairs and are not well suited for mobility issues.

Size also relates to the number of restaurants, some three or four, others almost 15.

Some beaches are long and private, others are long and you will have vendors approaching you. Still, others are smaller and more compact private and semi-public.

Each resort has three room categories, and range from luxury to very luxurious. The rooms are very unique within the categories and differ from resort to resort. Pricing varies from resort to resort and based on room category.

Ages of guests is varied across the board.

You might consider looking at the specials of each resort, considering you are interested in spa/massage. Often there are free offers and credits towards those activities. That might help you choose a resort to focus on. Whitehouse is fairly secluded, so you would have to travel a bit to get anywhere. Other resorts are a cab or walk away from local shops and restaurants, etc.

Chambersburg...
Level Contributor
2,624 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best Sandals Resort

As Livin603 pointed out, each Sandals property has pretty much the same inclusions and all have a spa and offer massages. however they all offer different experience and features. The term "BEST" is very subjective and means a lot of things to alot of people. For instance when someone asks what the "best" beach is I ask "best" in terms of what? Best swimming? water sports? bigger? more private? more romantic? calmer water? softer sand? This is why its great that you are asking but ultimately may just require a little research on your part. I found during m research that the sandals websites are very detail oriented. They do a good job of outlining the key features of a resort. There is also a tab to "compare resorts" so you can line up different sandals properties next to each other to see any differences of what they feature. Its hard to say one is better than another when each one offers something that another does not. And I do not mean inclusions. But more like...where one may be smaller in size it makes up for in more personalized service. Where one may be closer to the airport and airplane noise, the plus side is getting to start your vacation sooner. Some Sandals resorts have a more modern, sleek design and resort feel to them. Others have a charming casual and tropical style. If I may make a suggestion. What I did was first made a list of all the properties that were in my budget and then under each one listed all the pros and cons and then I was able to go through them all and eliminate until I reached the best choice for us and our vacation needs.

Ontario Canada
Destination Expert
for White House
Level Contributor
8,576 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best Sandals Resort

Valerie...it may be helpful for you to first determine which part of Jamaica you wish to stay in order to be closest to the areas you wish to visit. It sounds like you enjoy going off resort and perhaps visiting places that aren't necessarily part of the normal tourist hang-outs?

Sandals has 3 resorts in MoBay, 2 in Ocho Rios, 1 in Negril and 1 on the south coast. All offer spa services. As mentioned in posts above, each resort has its own personality. One resort in particular is quite remote and is located near a small fishing village. Some are located in or near large towns. No matter which you stay at, a private driver can take you to places of interest, both touristy and off-the-beaten-path.

Rochester, New York
Level Contributor
2,238 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best Sandals Resort

ValerieS: Lacking additional insight wrt to your likes/dislikes/hot buttons/turn offs, maybe I can help you reverse engineer your decision. If you'd like to receive a Powerpoint presentation my wife and I put together describing the Sandals Royal Caribbean Resort and Private Island experience, please send me a Trip Advisor private message with an email address to send it along too. Many have found the presentation informative. If it hits your hot buttons...well maybe then your decision process will be easier?

6. Re: Best Sandals Resort

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 October 2014, 04:18