We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

romantic quiet resort advice

lancashire
Level Contributor
249 posts
Save Topic
romantic quiet resort advice

hi,

im looking to go to jamaica for the first time and the main things i want is a romantic resort that is not crowded, my partner wants a resort that has a nice beach and a really nice standard of accommodation.

at the moment i cant find anywhere that combines the two things, couples swept away has the nice beach but as its public it will be crowded.

couples sansouci as the romantic feel and not crowded aspect but the beach isnt very nice and the accommodation isnt all that great from what ive been told.

any advice for any other resorts?

thanks

stephen

Mentioned in this post
Jamaica
Jamaica
Caribbean
Ontario Canada
Destination Expert
for White House
Level Contributor
8,740 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: romantic quiet resort advice

Should you look at Sandals Whitehouse as an option, if your budget agrees, I would look at booking a butler level room...not that it is needed...but I suggest them because all the butler level rooms have been recently refurbished. They include a separate living room and have the largest balconies on resort. The added inclusion of personal one-on-one service by your butlers will ensure a pampering and romantic vacation, as they tend to give you a few surprises throughout your vacation...such as returning to your room to find a path of rose petals leading to a bubble bath in the jacuzzi tub, candles lit and a bottle of champagne chilling on ice. If butler level does not fit your budget, the standard level accommodations have rooms in the French Village which have recently been refurbished. We normally stay club level (concierge), just returned from stay #12 at SWH and despite the fact that our room had not yet been refurbished, it was absolutely fine.

I'm not a beach swimmer...only a beach walker and wader..but I love the beach at SWH. It is 2 miles of seclusion...no other resorts nearby and no beach vendors...only the guests at Sandals.

This is a resort that is not felt to be crowded, even at 100% occupancy.

You won't go wrong in choosing a vacation at either Sandals or Couples...both are couples-only resorts and will provide you the romantic environment you are looking for.

Mentioned in this post
Sandals South Coast
Sandals South Coast
7,489 Reviews
Jamaica
Level Contributor
1,896 posts
Save Reply
22. Re: romantic quiet resort advice

stephen

I agree with truehabsfan, BP & travelpair. You have described Sandals Whitehouse.

Having stayed at CSS, CN & SWH (love them all for different reasons), and you should consider all 3, but in my opinion SWH best fits the requirements you have listed.

Enjoy your research and your time in Jamaica!

Mentioned in this post
Jamaica
Jamaica
Caribbean
lancashire
Level Contributor
249 posts
Save Reply
23. Re: romantic quiet resort advice

sandals whitehouse is a little out my price range, its working out around £2000 extra in total compared to the couples resorts

UK
Level Contributor
611 posts
Save Reply
24. Re: romantic quiet resort advice

What is roughly your budget (incl. flights - Virgin I presume?)

lancashire
Level Contributor
249 posts
Save Reply
25. Re: romantic quiet resort advice

im looking at around £2300-£2400 per person as my budget and have looked at virgin, thomsons and thomas cook

UK
Level Contributor
611 posts
Save Reply
26. Re: romantic quiet resort advice

Ah, well, if you're in Lancashire, then Manchester Airport is probably closest for you. That leaves you with the charters. I'd check to see if they are doing any deals with the areas in mind that people have highlighted here. I'm sure you'll find something that suits. Good luck!

27. Re: romantic quiet resort advice

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 November 2014, 06:19