We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Beach For A 'Not To Leave The Resort' Vacation

los angeles
Level Contributor
553 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
Best Beach For A 'Not To Leave The Resort' Vacation

Jamaica Experts, help!

I am looking to take a short five night Caribbean vacation with my girlfriend this winter. I am fairly well travelled in the Caribbean; from the Caymans to T&C, Mayan Riviera, USVI's etc. etc. We want to get some R&R on a beautiful Caribbean beach. We don't need water sports, just looking for that jaw a dropping white sand, electric blue Caribbean beach experience where we don't need to leave the resort for the entirety of our stay, just to chill, swim, and walk along the beach. Advice and opinions please!

Thank you!

Mentioned in this post
Jamaica
Jamaica
Caribbean
Caribbean
Caribbean
North America
American Fork, Utah
Level Contributor
944 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best Beach For A 'Not To Leave The Resort' Vacation

Check out Couples Swept Away in Negril.

Mentioned in this post
Couples Swept Away
Couples Swept Away
5,706 Reviews
Jamaica
Negril
Negril
Jamaica
los angeles
Level Contributor
553 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best Beach For A 'Not To Leave The Resort' Vacation

Thank you MuckandGrind, I will.

los angeles
Level Contributor
553 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best Beach For A 'Not To Leave The Resort' Vacation

Anyone else?

Level Contributor
1,896 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Best Beach For A 'Not To Leave The Resort' Vacation

kane

Sorry, completely agree with Muck. If I had to pick one resort on a beautiful white sand beach with superb sea conditions meaning a calm clear turquoise sea (think Grace Bay Beach T&C but with strolling beach venders) with a gradual descent (more so than Grace Bay Beach) into the sea with a sandy sea floor, and I could not leave the resort (this would be very hard for me) it would have to be Couples Swept Away on Long Bay Beach in Negril. I have a hard time pulling myself away from that beach and the sea (BTW floaties provided for everyone for use in the sea-heaven, I could float the day away) so that fact alone could keep me on resort!

CSA sits on a long, wide stretch of beach on the quieter end of Long Bay. Nice restaurant options, the chef & his team do a great job and the menu changes mid week. Fun beach bars, daily activities (but subdued, only if you want to partake), nightly entertainment and an included catamaran cruise. Not to mention the most extensive sports complex in Jamaica.

Enjoy your research and your time in Jamaica!

Mentioned in this post
Couples Swept Away
Couples Swept Away
5,706 Reviews
Jamaica
Negril
Negril
Jamaica
Jamaica
Jamaica
Caribbean
Illinois
Level Contributor
5,235 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best Beach For A 'Not To Leave The Resort' Vacation

I have to second Couples Swept Away.

los angeles
Level Contributor
553 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best Beach For A 'Not To Leave The Resort' Vacation

Thank you negrilbeachlovegirl! That is what I consider the perfect, comprehensive, tripadvisor response! What can I say. Thank you, I'm sold.

los angeles
Level Contributor
553 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best Beach For A 'Not To Leave The Resort' Vacation

Thank you N. Mama.

Level Contributor
1,896 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Best Beach For A 'Not To Leave The Resort' Vacation

kane

You are welcome, my pleasure! Trust me, the pleasure will be all yours once you arrive at CSA!

Connecticut
Level Contributor
11,866 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Best Beach For A 'Not To Leave The Resort' Vacation

Negril has the best beaches with calm seas in Jamaica (so say frequent visitors). I would agree.

So I suggest these in addition to what has been listed above:

Grand Lido Negril (c/o cove/beach; great main beach; only 1 of 6 eateries require reservations)

Sandals Negril (have a look at the Swim up Crystal Lagoon Beachfront One Bedroom Butler Suite or the Crystal Lagoon Honeymoon Beachfront Penthouse One Bedroom Butler Suite).

Having promoted Negril, Jewel Runaway Bay (North Coast) has a good beach, long walks, interesting walkable offsite pub called Flavours. (Sat image: wikimapia.org/…b ). It has been renovated top to bottom. Just a note that it is a family resort, but not so many kids I have read.

Mentioned in this post
Negril
Negril
Jamaica
Jamaica
Jamaica
Caribbean
Jewel Runaway Bay Beach & Golf Resort
Jewel Runaway Bay Beach...
2,810 Reviews
Jamaica
los angeles
Level Contributor
553 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Best Beach For A 'Not To Leave The Resort' Vacation

Thank you Hedodivemaster. I will look these up.