We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Safety

Columbia, Missouri
3 posts
Save Topic
Safety

We are traveling to Ocho Rios next week. Our flight arrives at 350pm. I figure by the time we get out luggage and on the road, may be about 430. 1.5-2hr commute will put us traveling in the dark, as sunset is 530pm. We have booked round trip transfers through cheap Caribbean, but nervous about traveling in the dark. Do you think this will be safe?

United States
Level Contributor
11,096 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Safety

"nervous about traveling in the dark"

The road was rebuilt a few years back and is in very good condition. It is one of the best roads on the island.

Columbia, Missouri
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Safety

I meant more on the lines of crime... Would it be safe to travel at night...? Thank you

ATLANTA
Level Contributor
618 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Safety

Yes!

Oxford, Alabama
Level Contributor
1,661 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Safety

Keep your doors locked.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
66 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Safety

Relax! You have nothing to be nervous about. Enjoy your vacation.

Edited: 28 November 2013, 20:38
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
4,326 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Safety

Thousands of tourist make that trek every year at night, I am not aware of any issues. The highway is well travelled.

Columbia, Missouri
3 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Safety

Thank you all for the tips!!

Iowa
Level Contributor
1,784 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Safety

Someone listened to too many horror stories.... you will be fine. Enjoy and relax its JAMAICA!!!! :)

9. Re: Safety

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 December 2014, 05:17