We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What to do in Jamaica to celebrate my daughter's 11th bday?

Bloomington...
Level Contributor
35 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
What to do in Jamaica to celebrate my daughter's 11th bday?

We will be in Jamaica Jan. 26th through February 2nd. We are staying in Montego Bay at the Holiday Inn Sunspree Resort. We fly out on my daughter's 11th birthday. I'd like to do something fun and kid-friendly to celebrate while we are down there. She isn't very adventurous as far as rides go so not sure she would like that slide at Margaritaville although I think she would like the inflatables in the ocean. Does anyone have any ideas on fun things to do with kids while we are there? We also have a 7 year old daughter.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
828 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What to do in Jamaica to celebrate my daughter's 11th bday?

The resort will have excursion options. Some family friendly ones would be the Luminous Lagoon boat ride, Glass bottom boat rides, or Dolphin Cove.

roxbury, ma
Level Contributor
8,248 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: What to do in Jamaica to celebrate my daughter's 11th bday?

First of all going to Jamacia is a wonderful celbration!!!!!! Lucky girl!

Make sure you let the resort know so they can welcome you with a bday celebration. I would call directly!

A family trip that you all will enjoy is YS falls-it's a long excursion but so worth it when you get there-for the adventures or not! An excursion close by that you all will enjoy is the Glistening Waters-you go out at night and the water lights up and you can swim in it-really cool!

If you go to the Hip Strip there are bumper cars at Aqua Sol Beach....

Bring a few rafts so while in the sea you all can always have your own-nice for the adults and fun for kids...I always leave mine behind for the staff!

PEACE!

Saskatchewan, Canada
Level Contributor
3,019 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What to do in Jamaica to celebrate my daughter's 11th bday?

I know you said she's not adventurous but what about zip lining? I took my not very adventurous (at that time anyhow) daughter zip lining at the white witch canopy zip lines through chukka and she LOVED it. And, I can't say enough about the staff. One of the guides sat and talked with heron our ride and totally gained her trust. He then got her equipment on, joked with her and then got her easily to go. There are also other excursions through chukka.

Oxford, Alabama
Level Contributor
1,661 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: What to do in Jamaica to celebrate my daughter's 11th bday?

Your daughters would love Dolphin Cove!! It would be a vacation to remember, swimming with the dolphins and seeing all the other animals and exotic birds!

5. Re: What to do in Jamaica to celebrate my daughter's 11th bday?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 December 2014, 05:18