We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Iberostar grand rose hall questions

uk
Level Contributor
69 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Iberostar grand rose hall questions

Just back from iberostar grand bavaro, loved it but want to make sure the things we liked about Domincan are also at IGRH before we go elsewhere

1. Are the beds around the pool spread out and is there plenty of shade?

2. Is it possible to have buffet at all meals?

3. Is there a good range of plain salads ( ie with no added meat/fish/dressing)? And veggie food?

4. Do they have pancakes/ crepes at breakfast ?

5. Do they have a chocolate fountain at lunch and dinner in the buffet - husband loved this !

6. I like to go runing, at bavaro I would leave the hotel and run to the main road, this was a straight line on a pavement so not getting lost and it was safe. I just went back and forth along this road as it was only 2.5 miles round trip. Is there something similar at IGRH ( running on the beach gives me injuries). Not that bothered about scenery just want to be safe and get in the miles!

Many thanks for your help

Also considering the grand in Mexico so if anyone has been there as well then would appreciate answers to these questions on Mexico too! Favour Jamaica though as we can go there with Thompson but Mexico is Thomas cook!

Mentioned in this post
Mexico
Mexico
North America
Jamaica
Jamaica
Caribbean
Thompson Playa Del Carmen
Thompson Playa Del Carmen
1,017 Reviews
Playa del Carmen, Mexico
Zimbali's Mountain Cooking Studio
££££, Caribbean, Jamaican, International
Blue Mahoe Restaurant at The Spa Retreat
££ - £££, Caribbean, Seafood, Jamaican
Toscanini Restaurant
££££, Italian, Caribbean, Seafood
Connecticut
Level Contributor
11,866 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Iberostar grand rose hall questions

6. There is a main road adjacent to the resort. Sat Image: wikimapia.org/…b

My issue would be traffic safety. Jamaican drivers are very innovative when it comes to driving protocols. Two lane roads easily become "wide enough" for 3 (sometimes 4) cars/trucks/busses. Speed limit signs, traffic signs and warning signs are just recommendations.

I suggest you wear bright clothing with reflector stripes.

United States
Level Contributor
12,787 posts
132 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Iberostar grand rose hall questions

"6. I like to go runing, at bavaro I would leave the hotel and run to the main road, this was a straight line on a pavement so not getting lost and it was safe."

Leave your running shoes at home. The Iberostar is located on the main road along the north shore of the island. Far too many large trucks, large tourist busses, and cars using a too small (narrow) road which has no sidewalk along it. I do not consider it to be safe to run on the road. As to the beach, you will find only about 1000 yards (total) accessible from the Iberostar if you include the beach in front of the hotel and to both the east and west of the hotel.

3. Re: Iberostar grand rose hall questions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 December 2014, 05:19