Here are the details and advice from seasoned travelers, people who have experienced the country, were in similar situations etc. would be greatly appreciated. I used bullets for easier reading.
- I am planning a surprise 30th birthday getaway for myself and my husband (he is 6'5" and 260lbs).
- I have a $3,000 budget
- I would like to go in October for a 4-night stay
- This is our first REAL vacation (neither one of us has been out of the states before)
- We are going primarily for rest and relaxation and probably won't go crazy sightseeing
- Besides possible zip lining or a little cave exploring, we'd stick close to the hotel/resort
- We would also stick more to the swimming pool than the beach, unless the beach was just THAT irresistible
- We do drink alcohol and would probably eat two times a day.
Additional details: I am not opposed to all-inclusives and would like as much bang for my buck as possible as far as accommodations go. A nice bathroom is a MUST (weird, I know lol).
Any suggestions at all on area, resort, travel site/agent, etc. would be great. Actually, a wonderful travel agent would be AMAZING!
I have done research but there is just SOOOOOO much information it is making my head spin.
Thanks so much in advance.