We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Grand Pineapple Negril Sandals Select Guest Dinner

PA
Level Contributor
11 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
Grand Pineapple Negril Sandals Select Guest Dinner

Can anyone tell me what the food is for this? It is also the same night as seafood night...we're not sure which to attend for dinner...and are there any perks off going to SSG dinner? At Sandals you get a bottle of rum but I wasent sure if GP was the same.

Minnesota
Level Contributor
148 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Grand Pineapple Negril Sandals Select Guest Dinner

We will be there the end of Feb for the 1st time ( have been to Sandals resorts previously) and I was wondering the same thing! Looking forward to it very much.

Edited: 11 January 2014, 01:47
PA
Level Contributor
11 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Grand Pineapple Negril Sandals Select Guest Dinner

When are you there? We're going feb 18-25...maybe well meet!

Level Contributor
1,896 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Grand Pineapple Negril Sandals Select Guest Dinner

YaMon

Welcome to the Trip Advisor Jamaica forums! We just returned from another fantastic stay at Grand Pineapple this past Saturday.

The returning guest dinner is on Friday night @ 7pm in the non smoking part of the restaurant closest to the buffet area. You will receive an invitation (make sure your SSG # is attached to your reservation upon check-in) in your room and will be gifted a bottle of Appleton Special and Pineapple Perks t-shirts.

Definitely attend this special dinner in honor of you hosted by Alexander & Sigourney both fantastic managers who truly care about making your vacation the best it can be and value each and every guest.

Enjoy your stay at Grand Pineapple and your time in Negril!

PA
Level Contributor
11 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Grand Pineapple Negril Sandals Select Guest Dinner

Thank you so much for your response! If I may ask...did you get a fridge in your room? We've requested to have one because we like to go back and chill on our patio before heading in for the night and they keep telling me they cannot guarantee one. I've stayed at Sandals and rented villas so were used to having a fridge...any suggestions would be appreciated!

Level Contributor
1,896 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Grand Pineapple Negril Sandals Select Guest Dinner

Yes, we requested a fridge upon booking in March 2013 and the fridge was in our room upon arrival during New Years week and the resort was at 100% occupancy. We drink plenty of water and like it ice cold and accessible at all times and we too as Sandals long time guests are accustomed to having a fridge in our room and mixing drinks to enjoy on our balcony whenever we want.

You may want to give them a friendly reminder a week prior to arrival. They will do the best they can to accommodate you but the fridge is not standard in every room so they only have a certain number of them and they are based upon request and availability. We were told they cannot guarantee the fridge because if there is a guest who checks in and needs the fridge for medical reasons (to store a prescription) and failed to request one in advance, they will make one available, may run short on availability and disappoint another guest.

PA
Level Contributor
11 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Grand Pineapple Negril Sandals Select Guest Dinner

We are having a bit of conflict with out hotel transfer...my agent booked through JTL but we are being told we can switch to sandals transportation...who have you used to get to GP and did you have numerous stops? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Level Contributor
1,896 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Grand Pineapple Negril Sandals Select Guest Dinner

YaMon

We usually book through Delta Vacations as they offer unpublished discounted air, free transfers, bonus SkyMiles, promo codes to offer additional discounts off the package price and more. The included shuttle does stop at a few other resorts (depending on who else is ready to go and where they are staying) along the way but the stops do not take that long.

We have booked direct through Sandals before, they used to include transfers but now they are booked separately through Sandals @ $35pp round trip. Using Sandals transfers you stop at the Sandals lounge in the ground transportation area and you will be placed on whichever shuttle is ready to go. You may be just with others going to Grand Pineapple if there are enough people ready to go or if no children traveling with you with others going to Sandals Negril or Beaches Negril. If you are traveling with children you may be with others going to Beaches Negril.

You can also book a one way private transfer through Sandals from MBJ to Grand Pineapple for $25pp, stop at the Sandals lounge and they will take you to your driver. However, if you want a return private transfer you would need to set that up through Grand Pineapple directly when you are there and the cost could be higher than $25pp. You could also set up your return private transfer or round trip private transfer on your own using one of the drivers endorsed by other travelers here on TA using THE LIST in the upper right hand corner of this page by emailing a few drivers for a quote.

Enjoy your stay at GP and your time in Negril!

Edited: 19 January 2014, 23:41
Cincinnati
Level Contributor
145 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Grand Pineapple Negril Sandals Select Guest Dinner

How do you book transfers through Sandals to Grand Pineapple? I booked through the Grand Pineapple website.

PA
Level Contributor
11 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Grand Pineapple Negril Sandals Select Guest Dinner

I was told by GP to call sandals executive office...I have the # if you would like it!

Level Contributor
1,896 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Grand Pineapple Negril Sandals Select Guest Dinner

luvmylabs

Grand Pineapple Resorts are part of the Sandals Resorts collection. The transfers are offered as an add on during the booking process on the Grand Pineapple website.

You will now have to call Sandals to see if they will add them on.

Enjoy your stay at Grand Pineapple and your time in Negril!