We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

hello thinking of going to jamaica for honymoon

Kirdford, United...
Level Contributor
31 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
hello thinking of going to jamaica for honymoon

hey im thinking of maybe visiting Jamaica in either September or march for my honeymoon and i was wondering if anyone which time of year is best , also what are the best parts of the irland to go to and if anyone recommends any Must does while im there also any information i would need to know like what to and what not to do while there im from the uk thank you in adance

United States
Level Contributor
11,110 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: hello thinking of going to jamaica for honymoon

"September or march for my honeymoon and i was wondering if anyone which time of year is best ,"

How do you determine what is 'best'. For example, the prices of hotels will be lowest in Sept. Depending on the resort you select the same room at the same resort can be 30%, 40%, or even 50% less than in March. If you measure 'best' by the weather then March is best as it is dry season while Sept. is rainy season and hurricane season on the island.

"what are the best parts of the irland to go to"

See the following

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g147309-c165100/Jamai…

"i would need to know like what to and what not to do"

See the following

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g147309-c140152/Jamai…

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g147309-s601/Jamaica:…

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g147309-c183024/Jamai…

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g147309-c150857/Jamai…

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g147309-c172783/Jamai…

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g147309-c145172/Jamai…

Georgia
Level Contributor
2,735 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: hello thinking of going to jamaica for honymoon

Don't know your budget, but give Couples resorts a look. It has 4 resorts in JA. 2 in Negril (best beach areas in JA) & 2 in the more private Ocho area. 3 have AN (all nude areas) if this might intrest you. Couples resorts are no tipping so you know your final price, couples only & gives lots of included stuff as in free booze cruise/water sports. I did my honeymoon at CSA in 2006 & loved it. Hope this helps= http://couples.com/

NY
Level Contributor
1,990 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: hello thinking of going to jamaica for honymoon

Septwmber is peak hurricane season so will be cheaper but get travel insurance. March is peak season but a great time to go. We went in April and it was amazing weather every day. We have been to the Bahamas and different parts of Mexico and have decided Jamaica is our favorite. We stayed in montego bay because we didn't want a long transfer to hotel after long flight. The down side to that is the ride to excursions may be longer. Most are based out of ochos Rios or negril. Hope this helped and enjoy..

Jersey City, New...
Destination Expert
for Anguilla, St. Lucia
Level Contributor
4,232 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: hello thinking of going to jamaica for honymoon

My favorite resort in Jamaica is Couples Swept Away in Negril. It's an all-inclusive resort that sits on a gorgeous white sand beach, serves up scrumptious food, has an amazing water sports program (I got my PADI scuba diving certification there thanks to the best dive team EVER!!!) and the grounds of the resort are like walking through the garden of Eden! Swept Away also includes catamaran trips down the coast and other off the resort trips so you're not limited to the property.

The price should be great during September but yes, I would take the advice of a previous poster and take out travel insurance just in case.

St. Lucia, which is further south in the Caribbean is also a huge honeymoon destination. Depending on your budget and what you like to do look at Sugar Beach in Soufriere which sits on a white sand beach and has a marine preserve that will feel like swimming in an aquarium. This resort is situated on a World Heritage Site making in extra special.

Anguilla is another unique island with dazzling white sand beaches with sand that feels like powdered sugar! Again it's all about your budget but I'd suggest looking at Cap Juluca or Cuisinart for a honeymoon trip.

Happy Planning! ;~>

Edited: 13 January 2014, 19:46
5. Re: hello thinking of going to jamaica for honymoon

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 January 2015, 07:18