We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Geejam & Trident

Atlanta, GA
Level Contributor
23 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Geejam & Trident

Hi All,

My wife and I are looking to celebrate our anniversary next year and port antonio seems like a great fit for us. Does anybody have experience with both Geejam and Trident? I know they are owned by the same group and was wondering if it makes sense to split a week between the two since they have a slightly different vibe...I guess 3 nights at one location and 4 nights at the other. Any thoughts or suggestions would be much appreciated.

Central Ohio
Destination Expert
for Negril, Port Antonio, Treasure Beach
Level Contributor
12,943 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Geejam & Trident

Sure, split the time. I haven't been IN either one but have been by both. Portland offers a lot of things to do if you get tired of enjoying the resorts...waterfalls, rivers, beaches, hiking, birding, it's really a terrific area for nature people.

I am not sure Geejam and Trident are on wonderful beaches, however. The best beaches in Porty generally don't have hotels on them (except Frenchman's Cove but the hotel and villas are really, really in need of updating).

Edited: 18 January 2014, 20:28
Central Ohio
Destination Expert
for Negril, Port Antonio, Treasure Beach
Level Contributor
12,943 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Geejam & Trident

An additional thought: http://www.wilksbay.com/Index.html

Kingston, Canada
Level Contributor
19,497 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Geejam & Trident

Trident and Geejam have different owners although both are booked through an agency called Smith Hotels. Trident is owned by Michael Lee Chin and Geejam is co-owned by Jon Baker & Steve Beaver.

Atlanta, GA
Level Contributor
23 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Geejam & Trident

Thank you all for the help,

5. Re: Geejam & Trident

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 January 2015, 05:19