We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Destination wedding

Brampton, Canada
Level Contributor
25 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Destination wedding

Hi there,

I was hoping to get some advice. My daughter just got engaged and is looking for a really nice reasonably priced resort to have her wedding at. Right now her only must haves are a spa and snorkelling at the resort? Any recommendations??

Thanks for your help!

United States
Level Contributor
10,843 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Destination wedding

See the following

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g147309-c182778/Jamai…

"really nice"

Can you define what this term means to you (I know what it means to me). See reference above.

"reasonably priced resort"

Hotel prices range from about $US50 per night to about $US800 per night. Where is 'reasonably priced' in that range for you?

"her only must haves are a spa and snorkelling at the resort?"

There are over 50 resorts in Jamaica that meet these two requirements.

Also, who will be attending the wedding: 1) only adult (age 18 and above) couples, or 2) only adults (a mixture of both adult singles and adult couples), or 3) a mixture of adult couples and adult singles and children (age 17 and under)?

Georgia
Level Contributor
2,735 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Destination wedding

http://couples.com/

Brampton, Canada
Level Contributor
25 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Destination wedding

Thanks for replying...you are right ..my original post was too vague...we are looking for an all inclusive..the beach and snorkelling are our main criteria for really nice..lol...decent food and rooms as well.there will be children so adults only don't work.

Calgary
Level Contributor
4,148 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Destination wedding

Depending on your budget...look at Beaches Negril.

Connecticut
Level Contributor
9,077 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Destination wedding

Also consider Jewel Runaway Bay. Is an AI that is open to couples, singles and children. Has been recently renovated top to bottom so the resort is in fantastic shape. Nice beach and a nice public beach next to it.

Here is the sat image: wikimapia.org/…b

Public beach is to the right. There is a great pub called Flavours along the walk.

6. Re: Destination wedding

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 February 2015, 05:19